German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breed judging just wrapped up for GSDs

River (GV GCHG CH Gem-N-I River Of Urloved CGC) shown by Lennie Brown went Best of Breed.
Best Opposite to CH Kaleef's Mercedes, shown by Kent Boyles

Select dog to CH The Windfall’s Comeback Kid
Select bitch to GCHG CH Hollow Hill’s Stelle River

Excited about mr River going BOB! My best friend has an 8 month old puppy by him.

Screenshots off my iPad, of River, while I was watching the judging. Links the breed judging will be up later.

Dog Dog breed German shepherd dog Carnivore Companion dog

Dog German shepherd dog Dog breed Old german shepherd dog Fawn
German shepherd dog Dog Fawn Companion dog Chair

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AOM (Award of Merit)

GCH CH Mickena’s Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

GCHB CH Mardan’s My Heart Will Go On at Bedroc RN DJ DN CHC TKN

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks really good. Also how does one blow out a coat like that ? .. looks so nice !
A really good blow dryer, lol!

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
  • Love
Reactions: Jax08

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Please tell me that's NOT Jimmy Moses handling him in this photo!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
If so, when did he get so OLD?

I knew he must have quite a bit of Dallas in his ped the moment I saw his photo! Yup, line bred 4,4-5-4.

No, that’s not Jimmy in the photo, LOL. THIS is Jimmy. And yes he’s getting older.

Dog Dog breed Tie Carnivore Herding dog

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Owners will find a handler that knows how to present the breed. A handler that they have a good rapport with and that they trust. Lennie Brown has shown some of the top GSDs over the years. He’s good. Really good.

A seasoned show dog won’t skip a beat at a big crazy show. My girl Scarlet LOVES dog shows.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
And yes, sometimes a dog will find a new handler, for a variety of reasons. My current handler is not my original one! (She stopped showing GSDs, and just shows smaller dogs now). I really like both the handlers I’ve had, and they both finished a dog for me.

Reactions: ksotto333

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
What happened to Nora? I remember reading that she was having stranger danger issues, hopefully, she's coming along? I love seeing these dogs in the show ring. They remind me of runway models, surrounded by chaos but always looks fierce.

Well, the brown dog is taking an indefinite break. She’s been to a behaviorist several times, and has also been worked extensively by a local handler and a couple of juniors in handling classes. Everyone oooohs and aaaahs over her because the dog is stunning, but she is just not having strangers touch her. Everyone has tried everything they can think of, but to no avail. I love her dearly, and she’s a lovely pet, but not letting a judge examine you is kind of a deal breaker. General consensus is she’s a very soft dog. Environmentally she’s great. She can stand next to strangers, She doesn’t bark at strangers. She turns into a pretzel if anyone tries to touch her. So frustrating. By comparison, all my other dogs have loved being in shows, especially Scarlet. I’m at a loss.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Oh wow I didn't expect that from such a spicy pup! I guess she will be the elusive beauty, look but no touch! You've been bestowed with the privilege of giving her pats. I'm sure she's a head-turner when you meander through the streets :)
If the darn dog didn’t have her brain on fire, she’d already be a champion. She’ll be 2 in September.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
@dogfaeries Samson is the same. We practiced and practiced at class, even hanging out with other classes where unfamiliar people would volunteer to do the "stand for exam". But when he needed to stand for a judge for five seconds - nope. As soon as their hand reached toward him he would step out of reach:rolleyes:
Frustrating!

Nora will run around the ring, and she’ll stack. She just wants the judges to stay in their lane, lol. She’s going to be the death of me.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Best in Show, coming up next!

Groups winners are:

Bloodhound
Maltese
Frenchie
GSD
English Setter
Samoyed
Lakeland terrier

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Disappointed that River didn’t win it all, but so proud of his Herding Group win. That Bloodhound was really really nice.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Ummmm hello, breed standard.
Fighting hard against that “suspicious of strangers” thing with this one. I don’t need them to be her best friend, just hold still for 15 seconds. Honestly there’s fear in there, so not a good thing. Not hackling or growling, but the avoidance is extreme.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I’m sure the vet would prefer to be able to exam this dog without it being a major production. I know I would.

Reactions: dogma13
1 - 18 of 18 Posts