German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dax got to experience her first snow. More than we usually get.. on the first day she spent a lot of time outside like this, watching the snow fall. Then she helped us sweep a path. Snow-stach was fun too! Then a romp in the snow with her friend Cookie!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Hahaha...I'm sort of wondering if she "really" understands what "help" means! Great photos, looks like fun for all!

·
Registered
16,187 Posts
great pics. especially like #1. BTW don't expect "I'll sweep" to get any better as she gets older. My 9 yo still goes a bit nuts with "broom & snow" combo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great pics. especially like #1. BTW don't expect "I'll sweep" to get any better as she gets older. My 9 yo still goes a bit nuts with "broom & snow" combo.
I really liked that first picture too. I was surprised how content she was to just sit and stare at the falling snow..

I suspect your right about the broom and snow. It really gave me a glympse at her clownish side.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Nice! Missing the snow we only had one inch or two a few months ago and glad I took a photo of it and be out in it. Just so much dreary grey rain here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! Missing the snow we only had one inch or two a few months ago and glad I took a photo of it and be out in it. Just so much dreary grey rain here.
Rain is mostly what we get too. This is the most snow I have seen down this low in several years. I prefer the rain, only since I have to drive to work. Hospitals never close..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did you get blizzard conditions yesterday?

We had white out conditions. All the snowplows were pulled from the job. I got stuck in a snowdrift 1/4 mile from my house. Was just trying to figure out what to take (besides my girls) when my neighbor came with a tow line and got me through the drifts and home.

Would have been horrible to walk that. It was a pretty straight run, but up a slight grade and straight into the 20+ mph wind and snow. I’m sure the girls would have pulled me home so liong as there were no ? bunnies or bunny tracks to get them off course!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you get blizzard conditions yesterday?

We had white out conditions. All the snowplows were pulled from the job. I got stuck in a snowdrift 1/4 mile from my house. Was just trying to figure out what to take (besides my girls) when my neighbor came with a tow line and got me through the drifts and home.

Would have been horrible to walk that. It was a pretty straight run, but up a slight grade and straight into the 20+ mph wind and snow. I’m sure the girls would have pulled me home so liong as there were no ? bunnies or bunny tracks to get them off course!
Glad you got towed out!!! It was snowing pretty hard, probably not white out conditions though. We got another 7 inches overnight, on top of the 9 inches on monday and we live in the valley, not up on any of the hills.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts