German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
The rustic cabins can have dogs in them, but the nice ones with kitchen's do not. We stayed in a nice one lol. We stayed in the Quaker Area and most of tent camping and pop-up sites are in red house.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I'm up for it.....If camping.....I've got 4
sneaking might be tough!
But I'd love to get together sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Maybe we should try a hike with optional camping? I wonder if we should wait until October when we can count on cooler weather?

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
If we wait until October I think Allegheny would be AWESOME. Especially if we are getting Jean and Jamie to come with cameras. I love GSD pics in the Autumn.

This pic was taken overlooking the PA side of ANP.

·
14,619 Posts
Originally Posted By: Murphy-Elperroguapo
Originally Posted By: AmaruqIf we wait until October I think Allegheny would be AWESOME. Especially if we are getting Jean and Jamie to come with cameras. I love GSD pics in the Autumn.
Oh you know the Rebel will be in tow.
Yes I know you will be there but are you bringing your camera too??

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hmmm, maybe I should bring a video or 16mm camera and we can make a movie?
I tried to make a movie with Basu once but I had to fire him and put Chama in his place. She has now stared in several of my films!

The big question is...will Jean come and which of her pack will she bring?

·
14,619 Posts
My camera takes video. Actually the video seems to work better than most of the rest of the camera any more. Da poor Fuji has been abused.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
**EDIT TIME RAN OUT**

Originally Posted By: GSDTrainwhat about beaver island state park. its only 9 miles north of buffalo.
here is a link for info about the state park and what attractions are there:

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=94

theres hiking, nature trails and more..
it should say theres biking, nature trails and more..

but there are places near by for hiking.

just a thought

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am very interested but I wouldnt be able to go camping since I am starting a new job and can't have time off. Ary used to go to doggy daycare with me when I worked there but hasnt been around many dogs lately. She can get very noisy and vocal when she wants to play so I get embarrassed if other ppl don't understand. Anyway let me know dates and things because we would love to make some friends!

I just bought a really good camera with movie and black and white and 10 megapixels it takes great quality pics and I can bring it also.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just a warning about Beaver Island Park it tends to be full of ticks. Something about Grand Island. Buckhorn is a very nice park on the island too.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Which is the one that's right at the northern end that nobody goes to? I've taken my dogs for hikes there. One time I was in the woods and the dogs were running around and I heard a splash. I looked over and thought to myself, "Wow, whoever owns those dogs is going to be bummed out that they've just jumped in a disgusting bog." Then I realized it was Chama and Basu.

I made them go in the nice clean river after that.

Alright, let's pick a date. Maybe we can have two outings? One on Grand Island and one to Allegany?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think that is buckhorn it's right by the second bridge. There is a lot of water access to the river off of the trails. Only time I was there they swam and STUNK until they both had a bath. It was a nice spot too just not very clean, but what waterway around here is. Would anyone be up for some geocaching if we meet up?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Originally Posted By: BowWowMeowWhich is the one that's right at the northern end that nobody goes to? I've taken my dogs for hikes there. One time I was in the woods and the dogs were running around and I heard a splash. I looked over and thought to myself, "Wow, whoever owns those dogs is going to be bummed out that they've just jumped in a disgusting bog." Then I realized it was Chama and Basu.

I made them go in the nice clean river after that.

Alright, let's pick a date. Maybe we can have two outings? One on Grand Island and one to Allegany?
We would be able to go to the Grand Island outing but not the Allegany outing as that is alittle far. Anyone have any dates in mind? How about October 11?? How does that sound? Is everyone free then? We are available every saturday and sunday throughout october as well as the 13-columbus day and the 24.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I will come and visit all of you, I'll represent the Southern Ontario members
I don't camp and my GSD is not friendly, but would love to see Rafi again and meet all the others.

Did you guys decide yet?

21 - 40 of 105 Posts