German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are lots of people on here from Western NY and Southern Ontario. Are people interested in trying to meet up for a hike or doggie outing somewhere? I know Rafi would love to meet some of the dogs from this board and I would too!

Post here if people are interested. I think we should should plan this for September when it's a little cooler. And it will probably take us that long to choose a location!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would definitely be interested. I am in Cheektowaga by the Galleria Mall. I would love to find some nice dogs to socialize with as most around here have not been raised well.

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
You guys are closer to me than the proposed PA meet up.....

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally Posted By: Murphy-ElperroguapoHey! I'll be back in Central NY by September!!!
Really?????? Maybe Ris and Rafi can meet and he can charm her into being his friend!

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chama will not be attending. She likes gsds she knows but not strange ones. She is always thinking I will be bringing them home with us (because I used to foster) so she tries to chase them all away from me! So a gathering of gsds is pretty much her worst nightmare.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I would love to do this also. Depending on location I would either suggest Alleghany State Park, or because there are a lot of Rochester people on her Mendon Ponds Park. Both are very Dog friendly! The only weekend I am booked up already is the 26th.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bumping this back up! Look at all the Western NY people on here! Woo-hoo!

And Jamie, Rafi met a dog the other day who was very friendly and playful until I got out Rafi's ball. Then he attacked Rafi and Rafi was like, "What the heck was that?!?!?!" I put the ball away and all was well again, they romped happily for another half hour.

Rafi's ball is like his pacifier but I suppose I might be able to convince him to leave it at home in order to go hiking with you and Ris.

Allegany would be an awesome place to meet! We could find a place for the dogs to play and then people could go on hikes if they wanted. It is a bit far from Buffalo though. Who is in Rochester? So far this is mostly Buffalo area people.

Other suggestions? Dates? What if we pick the middle of the month and we can have a rain date too...since we've had so much of that lately!

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Ohhhh Allegheny would rock for me! Since the PA part of it is literally JUST off my back yard.
Well sort of......

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally Posted By: AmaruqGranted it is STILL a drive to the NY part .
But I would bet that it's a very pretty drive! And it's actually a pretty good drive (distance-wise) from Buffalo too. Maybe we should plan a camping weekend! That would get some good reactions--a couple of camp sites full of german shepherds!

Ok, chime in everyone. What do you think? Location? Dates?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I would love to camp again in ASP, if that is what everyone picks it would be a blast. Not all of the cabin's are dog friendly, we kinda had to sneak Caja in when we went in April. It was about an hour and a half drive for us.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally Posted By: Caja's MomI would love to camp again in ASP, if that is what everyone picks it would be a blast. Not all of the cabin's are dog friendly, we kinda had to sneak Caja in when we went in April. It was about an hour and a half drive for us.
I assume there are tent sites in there? Cabins would be great but if they're not dog friendly I think it would be a little hard to sneak in dogs en masse!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts