German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I'm not sure how Sasha will get along with the girls. She got on fine with Caja though, so should be o.k.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rafi gets along with almost all dogs. If a dog doesn't like him he will stay away from them. He likes bossy female dogs the best. And he is trained to pacify himself with his soccer ball if he gets overexcited.

I figured we could have everyone meet and then take them for a big walk. The leaves are changing now and most of the path is right along the river so it's quite pretty. If we walk to the end of the path is goes right out into the river (a walkway, of course) and you get a great view. Sometimes there are big turtles there too and there are always lots of gulls, just for extra excitement.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
DIRECTIONS:

From I-190N (assuming everyone can find their way to I-190N, if not pm me). I think you can avoid paying the $1 by coming in on Grand Island Blvd but it takes a lot longer that way.

Take EXIT 20 (toward Long Rd.)

LEFT at Grand Island Blvd (you can stay on this if you need to get something to eat or use the bathroom--there are no facilities at this park)

RIGHT at Long Rd.

LEFT at Baseline Rd.

LEFT at Park Rd./River Rd. (I think Baseline deadends here and you have to turn)

You will see a sign for Buckhorn and a little parking lot on your right shortly after you turn. There is a house behind the parking lot. DO NOT PARK HERE.
Go just a little further and you will see another parking area on the right with no sign but it clearly looks like a park. (See picture below). Park here.

This is what the parking area looks like (minus Rafi!).

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am so excited Ary and I will be there she gets along with most dogs she just gets really excited when she first sees them and may get loud. I think everything will go great! I am bringing my camera and will take lots of pics and get them to anyone who wants them. Can't wait to see you all.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Ris is afraid of other dogs but is usually good with them. She sometimes gets a bit snarky and will 'put dogs in their places' if need be. But she's usually fine. And I work hard to keep her in line.

I will have my camera with me as well and will be snapping away.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Originally Posted By: Murphy-ElperroguapoRis is afraid of other dogs but is usually good with them. She sometimes gets a bit snarky and will 'put dogs in their places' if need be. But she's usually fine. And I work hard to keep her in line.

I will have my camera with me as well and will be snapping away.
same here.....

·
Registered
808 Posts
Kevin and I will be there. We are going to bring the dog trailer with all 4 dogs but all 4 won't be out together. Also going to bring the GPS for anyone who would like to Geocache with us.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
hoping to be able to make it, something has come up though, but I am really hoping to make it, if we don't have fun......

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
unfortunately Ivy and I will not be able to make it to the meet-up.
Maybe next time

I Look forward to seeing pics.

Have fun...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts