German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
We have had West Nile in Colorado for years and years. The worst year we ever had there were over 2,900 people who got it and 62 died. I have yet to see them spray mosquito areas and eradicate the disease. I wish. Maybe then I wouldn't be so traumatized to go outside. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to mosquito bites.

·
4,497 Posts
dang, One more reason to stay out of PG county. and one more reason to make sure odd water puddles don't linger long.

I'm in Charles county

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Jax08, they did spray but now I'm wondering about the dying crow I saw by the roadway this AM. Have to google how far skeeters can fly. Ugh.
@car2ner, I'm looking for the tongue-sticking-out icon. Oh, here it is:

:p

Aly

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well, if PG county has WNV, then I'm sure Montgomery county has it too. (I'm in Montgomery county.) I've already been bitten by mosquitoes in my back yard this season. Now I'm worried.

·
4,497 Posts
This is one more reason to wear my quick dry pants all summer instead of shorts or cute summer skirts. Blood sucking bugs of all sorts.

Oh for the innocents of youth when mosquito bites just meant an itchy bump and tick bites rarely happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts