German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week with the dogs before lots of snow sets in. Got a few pictures of the dogs and lots of Bull Elk. :)

Harley having lots of snow fun -

Harley and Hannah cautiously checking out the snow covered creek -

Harley having more fun -

Hannah with her "snow-nose" -

Time out for picture with hubby -

Bull Elk giving us the stare down -

Sparring Bulls -

It was a great trip! Now, if the snow would make its way down to the springs, that would be even better!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
thats awesome!! great pictures!! looks like everyone enjoyed the snow. i really miss home. hope theres tons of snow on the ground when we're back in the springs for a wedding in february! i like the Elk stare down. he's like whatcha lookin at?!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got lots of pictures of the Bulls and several more of us being stared down at lol! We didn't let the dogs out of the truck even on leash when we saw Elk just to be safe. Hannah barks her head off at horses, deer, so we decided to play it safe with the rutting season ending. Never really know what they're thinking and with reading that story posted about the deer attacking the child's GSD, yeah taking no chances. I wish we could have gotten some pictures of the great mountain scenery around there, but the clouds were too low.

We do love it here! KZ - Hubby reupped to come here specifically from western Washington - Lewis-McChord. We really love it and hope we'll be here for a long while. Hopefully you guys get the shot of picking a duty station and can go wherever you want to be! I know what it's like to miss home, but I'm sure you miss Colorado more than I miss coastal Georgia.

I had to google map Nederland. We went to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park and Estes Park in these pictures. I bet Nederland is just gorgeous as it seems pretty close.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
We got lots of pictures of the Bulls and several more of us being stared down at lol! We didn't let the dogs out of the truck even on leash when we saw Elk just to be safe. Hannah barks her head off at horses, deer, so we decided to play it safe with the rutting season ending. Never really know what they're thinking and with reading that story posted about the deer attacking the child's GSD, yeah taking no chances. I wish we could have gotten some pictures of the great mountain scenery around there, but the clouds were too low.

We do love it here! KZ - Hubby reupped to come here specifically from western Washington - Lewis-McChord. We really love it and hope we'll be here for a long while. Hopefully you guys get the shot of picking a duty station and can go wherever you want to be! I know what it's like to miss home, but I'm sure you miss Colorado more than I miss coastal Georgia.

I had to google map Nederland. We went to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park and Estes Park in these pictures. I bet Nederland is just gorgeous as it seems pretty close.

we actually picked orders for maryland since it actually snows up there. lol. Hubby is navy and wants to stay navy which is fine with me as long as he doesnt get stationed further south than NC. I'd probably kill someone. Unless its texas simply because it would be closer to home. despite us and Texas not being able to play nice together. I miss Pikes Peak and Palmer Park and Manitou and Old Colorado City and actual malls lol. and real seasons and less bugs.... and relatively more intelligent traffic! definitely miss snow. i get all teary whenever someone posts pictures from Colorado, especially if snow is in the pictures. I dont think we'll even get our one day of freak snow we've gotten the last two years.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
KZ - I have a strong dislike for Texas, too which I try to hide since hubby is from Dallas. Me being from the south is just that. I never want to go back there ever again. I would love the chance to go to New England or somewhere with seasons and snowy winters. I sure hope you guys don't get sent to Charleston, SC. I think you might die! I think that's a big Navy area or at least that's what I've heard being from Savannah and all. We are avoiding overseas orders (avoided Germany at least twice now, thankfully!) and will continue! Are you going to Maryland soon or did you pick MD and get NC?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I LOVE Estes Park and RMNP! We always go up there in the summer however, one of these years I want to go in the fall. It must be beautiful with the tress turning color, etc.

GREAT pic's too!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to go earlier in the Fall this year, but we honestly forgot and missed the peak foliage! :( Forgot the Stanley Hotel picture -

As my buddy says "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
KZ - I have a strong dislike for Texas, too which I try to hide since hubby is from Dallas. Me being from the south is just that. I never want to go back there ever again. I would love the chance to go to New England or somewhere with seasons and snowy winters. I sure hope you guys don't get sent to Charleston, SC. I think you might die! I think that's a big Navy area or at least that's what I've heard being from Savannah and all. We are avoiding overseas orders (avoided Germany at least twice now, thankfully!) and will continue! Are you going to Maryland soon or did you pick MD and get NC?

we're escaping NC and heading for MD. Hubby wants to get a station overseas. I told him heck no because i have NO desire to live outside the states. Especially if it means i cant take my dogs or my cats. not gonna do it. We cant stand Texas. Texas sucks. Every single time we drive through something happens to my poor car! First time through in my bravada, we blew TWO tires. next time through we blew two more tires. 3rd time, got run off the road in my Xterra by a semi and trashed the front end. I get sick every time we're in texas because we dont have the greatest history! But i would be willing to live there if it meant i could go home more often. NC could drop off the map and i certainly wouldnt miss it. Further north is perfectly fine with me as long as i get snow in the winter!! One of my aunts lives in alabama and hates it. i cant stand humidity and bugs and reptiles. LOVE Colorado. far less BS. and its prettier!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I wanted to go earlier in the Fall this year, but we honestly forgot and missed the peak foliage! :( Forgot the Stanley Hotel picture -

As my buddy says "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

haha The Shining anyone?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
we're escaping NC and heading for MD. Hubby wants to get a station overseas. I told him heck no because i have NO desire to live outside the states. Especially if it means i cant take my dogs or my cats. not gonna do it. We cant stand Texas. Texas sucks. Every single time we drive through something happens to my poor car! First time through in my bravada, we blew TWO tires. next time through we blew two more tires. 3rd time, got run off the road in my Xterra by a semi and trashed the front end. I get sick every time we're in texas because we dont have the greatest history! But i would be willing to live there if it meant i could go home more often. NC could drop off the map and i certainly wouldnt miss it. Further north is perfectly fine with me as long as i get snow in the winter!! One of my aunts lives in alabama and hates it. i cant stand humidity and bugs and reptiles. LOVE Colorado. far less BS. and its prettier!!!
LOL got news for ya, the drivers and humidity are not any better here in MD and the mosquitos are as big as your head from late Spring to late summer. We got 2 blizzards last winter but normally we really don't get much snow. :cool:

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
KZoppa.....I don't want to burst your bubble either, but Maryland is NOT Colorado. We had a family reunion in CO a few years back. It was so beautiful. Clear skies, crystal water, fresh air - like Heaven. Then, we flew home. The plane dipped down over the oil slicked body of water as we approached BWI airport. Upon landing, the smog and humidity hit us square in the face. My husband took one look and said, "This sucks. I hate it here. I want to go home." I responded, "But honey, You ARE home." We got some nasty looks from our fellow Marylanders.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
LOL got news for ya, the drivers and humidity are not any better here in MD and the mosquitos are as big as your head from late Spring to late summer. We got 2 blizzards last winter but normally we really don't get much snow. :cool:
KZoppa.....I don't want to burst your bubble either, but Maryland is NOT Colorado. We had a family reunion in CO a few years back. It was so beautiful. Clear skies, crystal water, fresh air - like Heaven. Then, we flew home. The plane dipped down over the oil slicked body of water as we approached BWI airport. Upon landing, the smog and humidity hit us square in the face. My husband took one look and said, "This sucks. I hate it here. I want to go home." I responded, "But honey, You ARE home." We got some nasty looks from our fellow Marylanders.

but you DO get snow! No place will ever compare to Colorado. But i swear if we go ANY further south leaving the house will not happen often at all. unfortunately my hubby being Navy.... water is kinda in the job description. I can suffer with the humidity but without it getting at least a little colder and snow more often.... i cant do it. the smog and crap isnt any different from here. there is more to do in maryland. lemme rephrase that..... there is more closer to do than there is here. NC straight out sucks. I would even be content to live in boring as all heck Fallon NV. I dont like water. wild water scares the **** out of me. I much prefer being landlocked. Colorado is gorgeous and smells fabulous! i love how snow smells. The crisp clear air. I love being able to smell the rain or snow coming. I love the lack of humidity. the lack of bugs. i miss aspen trees. i'll never be totally happy until i'm back in CO. least Maryland we'll be an hour from DC so i can actually go through the museums without having to worry about my MIL sitting at a cafe waiting for the rest of us to get back from trying to enjoy the day. i'll have a friend an hour away which is more than here. I might actually be able to go to new york and see a friend i havent seen in years and i'll be closer to my half sister. oh and i'll be out and away from NC.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

Colorado is my heaven. Which is why i cant wait for february. going home for a wedding. I plan to be there at least 2 weeks. Hubby may not be able to be there that long but we'll see.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Love the picture of Hannahs snow nose :) Too Cute!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gorgeous pics! Your Golden is beautiful...is he a rescue?
Thank you. :) Our Golden isn't a rescue. We were looking to rescue, but the Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies never got back to us after a few months of waiting. So, we were looking on Petfinder, breeders (most around here wanted $1,800+ for a Golden Retriever,) shelters, newspaper ads, and ultimately we found his litter advertised on craigslist. A married couple from Aurora had two Goldens and BYB'd them. We paid $250 for him, no papers, but did get a health "guarantee" for a year. He's now 23 months old, very happy, in great health, great temperament. He's a good boy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts