German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swore up and down that we'd never get another GSD after our stubborn girl...funny how quickly we forget the puppy stage when our dogs start to get their act together:grin2:

We'll be bringing home this sweet all black boy in 2 weeks! Dad is bicolor, mom is black and tan. We're so excited for Nyx to have a companion, and I'm probably even more excited to see the difference in temperament between males and females. Name suggestions welcome!

(and a few updated pictures of Nyx at 15 months!)

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
A beautiful girl and adorable puppy! How about Erebus as a name, to keep with your theme? Pluto for a different type of darkness (or Hades, if you want to stick with Greek). Jett (my dog's name), Onyx, Noir, Nuit . . . Kohl . . . I just went through naming a dark pup and these are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Reactions: Breana'

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Congratulations, what a cuty! Oh, and I'm sure he'll be happy to refresh your memory on the joys of puppy ownership >:)

Reactions: Breana'

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats on the puppy!! Cannot wait to see pictures of him and Nyx together! Both beautiful dogs :) they can be extremely stubborn puppies a month in a row and then a little angel for one day and that one day is enough to make us forget about all the trouble from before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sad to update with this, but our puppy passed while at the breeder's yesterday. They're not entirely sure if it was a respiratory infection or what, but he refused to eat even while continuing to act totally normal. Breeder was crying during the call, we were supposed to pick him up Sunday (but really would've been yesterday had fiancé been off of work). Dad has been in breeding program for a few years, mom is new. No other issues with any of the littermates but it certainly opens the door to a few questions they'll have to explore. We're bummed about the situation but I couldn't shake a gut feeling that something was off since meeting that sweet boy.

We'll be offered first pick from a new litter born last week in March. Sire is the same one as our girl Nyx, mom is a girl I've been super impressed with since finding the breeder, and is the sister to our girl's mom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts