German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are currently dealing with some stomach issues which you can read on my other thread, I have started giving Brutus the canned dog food in this brand to help him with his stomach problems. It was the only thing I have been able to get him to actually eat a whole thing of without him turning away from it. Has anyone tried this brand before? It seems like it is a good brand and it seems like it is going to help my boy with his current issues. Anything would help. I am just wondering if y'all's dogs liked it or didn't and if you have noticed any other good or bad things about this product. I am currently having him eat the canned food for a couple of days and then I would like to incorporate the dry food in there until I can get him to just eat the dry food by itself.
Thanks for the advice : ) Here is a picture of what it has in it

ImageUploadedByPG Free1370373532.942115.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't use it but curious what foods you've tried already.
Embarrassed to say but we have had him on Purina lamb and rice. After his stomach problems I am currently debating between Wellness, Blue Buffalo, and natural choice. We are trying to find a Grain free food without paying an extreme amount of money

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I asked about this very food (Wellness simple salmon and sweet potato) about 3 weeks ago. My neighbor had switched her sheltie to it when he was having allergy problems and she noticed that within a month his coat was softer and shinier and that he shed less. Since Ranger can be a little itchy at times I decided to try out the Wellness but I went with the non-grainfree whitefish and sweet potato. I started mixing it with his Canidae about 3 weeks ago and I am almost to the point where he is eating all Wellness. Already I can tell that his coat is softer and he is indeed shedding less. My 12 yo Aussie is also making the switch, but I haven't seen such a dramatic change in him. That may be because his coat was already very soft. Don't know.
Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts