1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
my senior dog was getting a bit plump eating orijen 6 fish. i wanted a high protein food with little fat. the wellness core RF worked wonderfully. he was able to eat more than just 2 cups of kibble a day, and his coat looked fabulous. his enrgy seemed better (patially as a result of being more trim). since his weight got under control, i have rotated wellness core regular with orijen senior.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
I have been feeding Orijen Senior and Chama and Rafi (who can't have high fat foods) are doing well on it. Rafi has also eaten the Wellness Core Reduced Fat but I prefer the Orijen products.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have been trying to find a food for my 3 year old GSD, Allie - she is very sensitive and has mucus in her stools at times - we are not sure if it is related to food or another problem though I have had her tested for so many things. She came to me at 7 months, very thin. Allie runs a fever of 104 many times. All that aside, as I am considering now a bone marrow test on her, she is usually a healthy and now weighs 100 pounds (not fat). As not to clutter up the topics I will post re Allie's odd fever symdrome elseware, as it is something of concern and perhaps others have encountered this.

Wellness Core Reduced Fat was recommended by Wellness when I called but then Wellness refused to tell me where their food was made.

I have an appt. with Allie's doctor on Monday and would like to discuss Wellness Core w/him if you all think Wellness Core Reduced fat is appropriate and/or a quality food. Not knowing where it is made concerns me.

My 9 plus choweiller, Murphy, has weight issues and I was considering Wellness Senior Formula for him.

We are Candiae feeders now looking for a new food.

Thank you.

Mary Lou, Allie and Murphy

·
Registered
377 Posts
I know a couple owners who have used CORE RF for their dogs with great results.

I'm currently using Orijen for both my dogs, but no weight issues.

I don't know what happened with the lack of info about where the product is made....I think they have info on their website about those issues though. Personally, i think it's a quality product and wouldn't hesitate to feed it to my dogs. For weight-reduction it would be my first choice of the products out there.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Rudy chubbed up on TWO, then I switched to Orijen. If WC-RD is a success, I am going to alternate between it and Orijen.

PS> Hope you get to the bottom of that fever!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts