German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a sample today and I like the look of the ingredients. It doesn't have FOS, per se, which Gracie needs for her SIBO, but does have dried chickory root, which is a source of FOS. Anyone try it - especially looking for input from anyone who's pupper has had loose stools in the past or diagnosed with SIBO. How has your dog done on it? Or the input of any of the food gurus!! (Oh Cherri!!!!)

Whitefish, Whitefish Meal, Salmon Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Potatoes, Dried Ground Potato, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural source of Vitamin E), Pea Fiber, Tomato Pomace, Natural Fish Flavor, Flaxseed, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Kale, Broccoli, Spinach, Parsley, Apples, Blueberries, Vitamins & Minerals, Choline Chloride, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Products, Rosemary Extract.

This is a naturally preserved product.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein min. 34%
Crude Fat min. 14%
Crude Fiber max. 7%
Moisture max. 10%

·
Registered
485 Posts
I cannot comment on the Ocean formula, but the CORE Original formula is the only thing my GSD who has EPI and a history of SIBO can eat (in terms of kibble - she is raw fed, but I keep it on hand.) It does not have any negative effects (with her that would be gas, loose stool, bile vomiting). I use it a lot for training treats...she really likes it

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
once my senior got his weight down with the core reduced fat, he switched to the core ocean. the results have been fabulous, high energy level (for a 12 yr old) and great looking coat. his stools are consistently smaller and firmer than when he ate eagle pack holistic. sorry, i know this doesnt really help with the SIBO issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts