German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bad back and when i went to work i was fine. About an hour later i had to call my husband to bring me some tylenol so i could make it through the shift. I get a text message from my husband after he gets home saying in his rush to get out of the house and bring me the tylenol, he forgot to put Shelby in her crate. Shelby is our almost 70lb girl who suffers from pretty bad seperation anxiety. Apparently.... Shelby didn't destroy anything while he was gone. I'm not keeping my hopes up but if she didn't destroy anything like she used to when we werent able to kennel her, can i count it as making progress? the ONLY thing i can see that they may have gotten into while hubby and the kids were gone was the stuffed bones i hadnt gotten the chance to put away yet. But those belonged to them anyway so its not big deal, except i wish they would learn to throw their trash away! lol.

I'm just amazed that Shelby didn't demolish the house like she's been known to do in her panic. Can i count this as a win?!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Sounds like a step forward to me :D

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Sounds like progress!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm hoping it really is actual progress. it would be nice to not have to take such drastic measures to keep her in a kennel when we leave. I'm also hoping that its not triggered every time we move.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as much as i'd like to do that, she's actually safer crated. lol. given how bad her seperation issues were when we first got her, i'm not willing to risk possible damage to a house that we dont own ya know? I do think we've made some progress though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts