German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

lol, it was "borrowed" from my vet too

Should she be good to go after 4 days of healing?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

I've never seen or had a dog that has chewed up a cone.

I would say should should be ok, just watch her and make sure the 'site' isn't being bothered

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really have no idea how she did it. She was able to chew the very, very end where it "connected" but othert han that it was fine.

I think she may have gotten smart and pushed the cone in and was able to grab more of it

damned german shepherds!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I'm sorry but ...
That is too darn funny. Oh boy do you have a smart one there. She should be fine 4 days out. I would just keep her exercise down and keep an eye on her suture line. Sorry, once again I must laugh and shake my head at her brilliance in removing her "evil" collar
he he

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally Posted By: k9sarnekoI'm sorry but ...
That is too darn funny. Oh boy do you have a smart one there. She should be fine 4 days out. I would just keep her exercise down and keep an eye on her suture line. Sorry, once again I must laugh and shake my head at her brilliance in removing her "evil" collar
he he
sutures look a bit inflamed, but nothing i think i should be worried about. i think she finally got it off and went to town a little bit, but the "fun" has worn off - at most she just licks it

yes, i don't know how she did it, but she managed to! i don't get it either. there were 4 loops holding it on and she ripped ALL of them off

i could see if she got the collar off too and ripped it apart then, but her collar was still sitting perfect!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally Posted By: aubieTold you...she's going to kill you in your sleep!
i'll worry when she can open the crate!

i am more worried about her firguing out how to jump over the baby gates. she can already clear the sides of the couches which are a good 6'' higher than the baby gates!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Smart dogs >> lampshades.

Mine figured out quickly that if she rammed the side of the collar in to the couch over and over, it would eventually rip off of her. The only thing that stopped that from working was the "bam! bam! bam!" sound. I pretty much could hear her trying it from a mile away and go and stop her.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
When she starts vaulting clean over the baby gates, add a second one on top and tilt it slightly inward instead of straight up!

Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day with that photo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts