German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
The packaging on the muscle supplement (the snarling pit bull with the spiked collar) makes this look like a product aimed at the dog fighting community. Is the manufacturer tone deaf, or dog-whistling to criminals? :mad:

·
Registered
32,588 Posts
This product seems to be designed for breeds that do such activities as weight pulling?

So, how would we use this for our sport dogs that have more lean muscle mass? Are there different dosages? Lower protein products? Most people I know in IPO use either Vertex or K9Power products to replenish their dogs electrolytes and products to build muscle. How does your product compare with these?

·
Registered
32,588 Posts
I don't get products like this....I guess some people like the look of a juiced up dog. If you want your dog to gain weight, feed it meat, eggs, fat, etc.
Not weight, eddie. MUSCLE. These products aren't for your average house pet. They are for canine athletes to build and maintain muscle, just like a human athlete.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
The packaging on the muscle supplement (the snarling pit bull with the spiked collar) makes this look like a product aimed at the dog fighting community. Is the manufacturer tone deaf, or dog-whistling to criminals? :mad:
I agree. Two of my pups were attacked by Pit Bulls on three different occasions last year alone, one which resulted in an attack on me while trying to protect my dog. A toddler was killed by Pit Bulls a fifteen minute drive from me just one year ago and there were several other Pit Bull attacks in the community including one on a police officer where the Pit Bull jumped from a second story window to attack, all in the course of last year. Many other members have posted where their dogs, or a friend's/family member's dog were attacked by Pit Bulls. The last thing I want to see is a beefed up Bull breed on a product and then wanting to use it on my dogs. I find the advertisement repulsive.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Not weight, eddie. MUSCLE. These products aren't for your average house pet. They are for canine athletes to build and maintain muscle, just like a human athlete.
I looked at the site and the testimonials. I guess my vision of an athletic dog is one of a racing greyhound, ridgebacks, mals, GSDs, hunting breeds like pointers, retrievers, etc. All of these breeds/athletic dogs have the build of a more rounded athlete. The dogs that they have on their products look like weightlifters at Olympic events. I guarantee most of the people using these products do it not because their dogs burn muscle due to the vigorous activities they are involved in like running marathons. They do it because of look. Sad thing is, pit bulls were never meant to look like this. Too much weight is not good, whether it is fat or muscle. Takes a toll on the heart, organs, joints, etc.

But, to each his own.

How about this..

Attachments

·
Registered
32,588 Posts
So obviously we're just going to have a judgmental rant based on pitbulls instead of any answers based on actual knowledge of the product and it's use.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
When the advertising disgusts the consumer to the point of not even looking at the product, one can expect the conversation to swing to the advertising and not the product. Maybe the vendor would be interested in knowing how many dog owners feel about this aspect. Pit Bulls / bully breeds are a hot topic, and they can repel just as many people, maybe more, than they draw through advertising using this controversy.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well I thought of some diet supplement to build muscles, as my pups (earlier Duke and now Tunu) are extensively exercised through out the day. With Duke i made the mistake of under feeding him in compare to the level of activity.

·
Vendor
2 Posts
Well I thought of some diet supplement to build muscles, as my pups (earlier Duke and now Tunu) are extensively exercised through out the day. With Duke i made the mistake of under feeding him in compare to the level of activity.
Bully Max products are designed for all working breeds. A number of K9 units use Bully Max as well. Here's a recent review from one of the K9 dogs that we sponsor:

After K9 Deacon got hurt on the job, he was having some trouble keeping weight on and not really

wanting to eat his food. After doing some research, I found out about BullyMax and ordered some to

try. Deacon loved it. Since using BullyMax, he has gained his weight back, has more

energy and is noticeably healthier than ever before. His leg that he injured is stronger than ever too! The

results from this product have been a game changer for my partner! I will continue to use your products

with K9 Deacon and future dogs. Thank you for such a great product!

Deputy Tyler Kullman Spokane County Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit, Spokane WA

Attachments

·
Vendor
2 Posts
This product seems to be designed for breeds that do such activities as weight pulling?

So, how would we use this for our sport dogs that have more lean muscle mass? Are there different dosages? Lower protein products? Most people I know in IPO use either Vertex or K9Power products to replenish their dogs electrolytes and products to build muscle. How does your product compare with these?
Our products are designed for all types of working breeds and all types of sports.

The main difference between our K9Power products and Bully Max products is the quality of the ingredients.

Vertex & K9 power products use cooked chicken as their main source of protein. The protein in cooked chicken has a biological value rating of 79.

Bully Max product use whey protein isolate. The protein in our products have a biological value rating of 179 (The highest BV rating out of any protein source).

Unlike K9power (Show stopper & super fuel), we do not use fillers. Our products also have the benefit of "Full Label Disclosure". We never use proprietary blends (Also known as mystery ingredients).

You can get a breakdown of the product comparison here: https://bullymax.com/k9-show-stopper-vs-bully-max-products/

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Bully Max products are designed for all working breeds. A number of K9 units use Bully Max as well. Here's a recent review from one of the K9 dogs that we sponsor:

After K9 Deacon got hurt on the job, he was having some trouble keeping weight on and not really

wanting to eat his food. After doing some research, I found out about BullyMax and ordered some to

try. Deacon loved it. Since using BullyMax, he has gained his weight back, has more

energy and is noticeably healthier than ever before. His leg that he injured is stronger than ever too! The

results from this product have been a game changer for my partner! I will continue to use your products

with K9 Deacon and future dogs. Thank you for such a great product!

Deputy Tyler Kullman Spokane County Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit, Spokane WA
Now this is something that would get my attention. As of yet, without looking at your product, and just going by what you have posted, this might be something for me. I always have had problems keeping weight on my dogs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts