German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At times, my GSD will engage in what I call bizzare behavior. Today he's been crawling under the bed and staying there for an hour at at time. Also, he's been trying to cram himself between my computer and the wall. He's done this before and he's not sick, nothting's has scared him at all today.

I swear he just goes bonkers on me every month or so. I'm not worried about it, just that on occasion, I'll see behaviors from him that he usually doesn't display.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
So have you noticed that you dog does this if there is a sotrm approaching or maybe hears some noise outside.

Odd behaviors in some dogs can be associated with storms coming or noises that they don't like.

·
Registered
672 Posts
When I had a screen door and the wind blew, Greta would get scared. I live in the country and if someone shoots a gun, they can hear it in the distance. Some of them react to that. They hear and tune in on noises we can't sometimes. I would look closely for the coorelation between the behavior and what the dog may be perceiving. It doesn't have to make sense to us.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
check your weather channel. maybe something is blowing in. this may sound silly but do you think you may have a spirit in the house? some dogs do react funny to them and will try to hide. my best bet though would be on the weather. it could also be the moon, we are just finished with a full moon and that always affects them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts