German Shepherds Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Bad idea. Germans can get a bit neurotic about lasers. I had a rescue that would go ballistic at something that sounded like a laser pen being clicked. Took years to get that particular behavior tamped down.
I think Perseus is neurotic about his balls.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I get corn for the squirrels. I wait until after the fall decorations go down at stores and they are throwing out the corn stalks that didn't sale, and take that corn. So when I pull a fresh ear out of the wheel barrow I ask Gunther to shuck it. He grabs the husk and yanks it off. Then we go take the old shell off and put on the new one, he takes the stripped ear of corn and he chews it up. Came home tonight to one shredded all over my carpet that apparently dad let him bring in while I was working. I'm actually quite amused, even more so by the cat who keeps looking at it like it's an alien artifact dropped from outer space. She keeps smacking it while jumping back, then took a wide berth around it while giving it the stink eye. Gunther just watched in amusement.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Haha loved all these stories!

For us Dixie takes off tag's. Any toys she get's and if I don't take the tag off, the first thing she does is take it off and spit it out, than run and play with it lol. She's taken tag's off my shoes, pant's, shirts ect. Not sure why she does this, but always has lol..

She also is a "nibbler". I find it kind of funny, good thing she only does it to my husband and I lol..

Also hate's it when her toy's go to her poop area. Sometime's if I accidentally throw a ball and it rolls over to her poop area. She'll look at me like "What the heck mom!!" and sigh hugely, so she know's I hear how unhappy she is about this. And she'll ever so carefully step around her poop, and stretch her little neck as far as she can to pick it up. There are time's when she see's her ball goes over there, and she pretends she doesn't see it, and goes to look elsewhere. Haha crack's me up everytime..

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Perseus loves to go up to you when you are sleeping and give you tonz of kisses. When I'm sleeping he wakes me with kiss. And if I don't get up he start yawning, and it sounds like he is saying mom. My favorite!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Alice likes rolling and rubbing her body on wet surfaces. She just plops down and rolls over while rubbing both sides of her face on the water. It is so hilarious and cute.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Dixie, Gunther stepped in his poop today when we were playing and his look was of pure disgust! Cracked me up!!!!! :rofl:

Diesel, I LOVE the "mom yawn" Gunther rolls off the couch with his mom sounds and it never fails to make me smile as I wake up.

The other thing, Gunther is OBSESSED with bare feet. Waking up and getting my feet safely into slippers is a daily challenge. When my husband dares to come out in bare feet, he too is under siege. I don't know what it is, but if your feet are bare, they are licked. We always say that if someone breaks into our home they should wear gloves and be barefooted. They'll never stand a chance!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ole has taken to napping in the bathtub.

I have been desensitizing him to the tub for bath time. For the last couple of weeks, each time I went into the bathroom I would toss a couple of treats into the tub.

Yesterday, he started jumping in the tub and lying down when I go into the bathroom. This pup is awesome.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts