German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Brisco goes crazy whenever I use tinfoil. He hears me take it out and races to the kitchen (always with a toy in his mouth) and whines and prances around. He also loves to chase butterflies and other low flying bugs in the yard. He never catches them, partially because of the ball or frisbee constantly in his mouth, but I believe he knows that if he does catch them, then the "game" would be over. :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
Eli also has a diva moment when his ball rolls near poop. He looks at me, at the ball, at me, at the ball and then tip toes all slowly to the ball, then away from the poop and then bounces off all goofy like.
He LOVES small toys, the smaller the better. He is hilarious to watch with those cat sponge ball, or a crinkle ball. He grabs them with his very front teeth, shakes them all dramatic like, throws them, kicks them, pounces on them. It is very comical. Last year my cats got a little Rudolph toy for Christmas. Eli got the nose off of it. Here is Eli with his bestest toy ever. It was the only picture I could get where you can even see it! He bounced with that tiny piece of felt, he did the goofy dramatic death shake on it, he threw it. Oh he loved his little fluff lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I have watched Midnite dismantle the tv stand to get to his ball and then look very proud of himself. He is also famous for moving the couch while I'm napping on it to get his ball, the first time he did it I was caught seriously off guard.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Eli also has a diva moment when his ball rolls near poop. He looks at me, at the ball, at me, at the ball and then tip toes all slowly to the ball, then away from the poop and then bounces off all goofy like.
He LOVES small toys, the smaller the better. He is hilarious to watch with those cat sponge ball, or a crinkle ball. He grabs them with his very front teeth, shakes them all dramatic like, throws them, kicks them, pounces on them. It is very comical. Last year my cats got a little Rudolph toy for Christmas. Eli got the nose off of it. Here is Eli with his bestest toy ever. It was the only picture I could get where you can even see it! He bounced with that tiny piece of felt, he did the goofy dramatic death shake on it, he threw it. Oh he loved his little fluff lol.
Haha, it's so funny when they do this. Mine like to do it for a new treat or one he doesn't care for as much. He will toss it a round and and pounced on it and dance =) It's my favorite.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Frankie loves "sticks". The smaller the better. And I mean small. She'll start out with a small stick about 2 inches long, and then keep breaking it down. She loves it best when it's about half an inch long. She'll come up to you and pretty much spit it onto your lap (I don't know exactly how she does it - you can see it on her tongue as she's panting, then she kind of goes "pppttttuuhhh" and it's on your lap) and stare at you until you throw it again. It's small, so it goes about 2 feet. Maybe. And she'll take off and run at least 10 feet or so, then come back and search for it. And she almost always finds it, and then spits it back in your lap again.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Frankie loves "sticks". The smaller the better. And I mean small.

My girl has always been a stick lover too as you can see from my photo. She recently moved up to logs though! She'll pack sawed firewood from the pile and drag it around try to chew it up. When company comes around their always like yeah right, that dog didn't pack that log in the yard.

Anybody have a siren mocker too? I've seen other dogs do it but I've never owned one that did. My GSD is the first one, if she hears a siren she becomes so alert. She'll bark then eventually try to howl along with the sound of it. Especially if it's an ambulance she seems to think she can mock those sounds better.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My girl has always been a stick lover too as you can see from my photo. She recently moved up to logs though! She'll pack sawed firewood from the pile and drag it around try to chew it up. When company comes around their always like yeah right, that dog didn't pack that log in the yard.

Anybody have a siren mocker too? I've seen other dogs do it but I've never owned one that did. My GSD is the first one, if she hears a siren she becomes so alert. She'll bark then eventually try to howl along with the sound of it. Especially if it's an ambulance she seems to think she can mock those sounds better.

My boy max howls when he hears ambulances! It sooo cute!!! It's like his heart is aching!

The strange thing is it's only ambulances he howls at, fire trucks/police cars he doesn't

·
Registered
447 Posts
My boy max howls when he hears ambulances! It sooo cute!!! It's like his heart is aching!

The strange thing is it's only ambulances he howls at, fire trucks/police cars he doesn't
It is adorable isn't it, must be something about the pitch of an ambulance siren they can relate to more. My boss has a big ol bird dog Jack is his name. He goes crazy at emergency vehicles but man can he sound right on when he mocks them.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My Selah (crossed the rainbow bridge) was a major ball/stick dog. She would find trash as small as a cigarette but and try to get people to play with her. The sticks though, the larger the better, for sand art (and throwing). She would put her front feet on the log and 'hike' it between her hind legs all over the place creating intricate designs (I laughed when Toothless from a how TO Train Your Dragon made his tree art, that was Selah).

I train horses and in CA, when I lived there there were two stables side by side that I worked at,... I would hear somebody yelling my name, and sure enough her would come Selah with one of the trailer logs used to anchor the tires, ha ha... She was so loving and fun. Her favorite thing to do to scare people was come up from behind, go between their legs and then sit down while they strattled her and look straight up! Men just about had heart attacks. She was a solid black and silver Sable and looked 'wolfie'

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Perseus has to chew on anything that is metal. He chews on my weights, wire baskets, hangers, and soon on. It's frustrating because I don't want him to hurt his teeth.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a gated fenced in deck that runs the length of my house. It has 4 steps to a lower level which is earth and grass just for him. When Hoby is to busy to take the steps he is air born, sometimes with a toy in his mouth....Hoby likes to put his balls in the hamper. Our laundry room is also the boys bathroom. The washing machine, a front loader is mounted on a pedestal with a drawer. Found a ball in the washer, figured I threw it in with the dirty cloths from the hamper. One day while I was shaving Hoby walked in behind me and stock a ball in the washer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
"Grooms" me! When we are laying down or he is by me, sometimes he will "groom" my leg or side. Groom meaning do those little barely nibbles with front teeth, like they do their paws when they're cleaning or got an itch. It is so cute to me! And makes me feel like he has bonded well with me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
- She grooms our kittens like.. well.. a cat. I have no clue if she saw them cleaning each other and decided she wanted to "fit in", or if she just happens to groom in a very cat-like manner on her own.

- She loves playing with cat toys. Balls, lasers, catnip toys.. you name it. Butters has more fun with our cat toys than some of our actual cats!

- She has a pine tree branch that she loves to play with. Lately, I use it to help coax her inside when I'm really tired and am done playing outside for the time being. She knows it's too big to carry inside, but because she still wants to chew on it, she breaks off smaller pieces and brings them inside instead. It's hilarious, but also quite intelligent.

- She likes sitting on boxes and looking out the window. We have a few of them set up for our kitties, but Butters loves to just sit there and gaze outside. She's still a bit too small to jump up herself, though, so she'll often drop subtle hints that she wants me to pick her up and plop her on her window seat.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
As a 9 week old puppy, Simon played with a cat toy that had a pull string to make it move (or in his case vibrate). He loved putting the string in his mouth, keeping the string in his mouth while it went down, and holding the vibrating toy snail. Then he pulled the string again.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
-

- She loves playing with cat toys. Balls, lasers, catnip toys.. you name it. Butters has more fun with our cat toys than some of our actual cats!
Bad idea. Germans can get a bit neurotic about lasers. I had a rescue that would go ballistic at something that sounded like a laser pen being clicked. Took years to get that particular behavior tamped down.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts