German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
Titan can hear me plug in my blowdryer (before it's even on) from the other side of the house. He will race in there and stand staring at me at attention until I turn it on. Once I start.. it's all games from there. Bowing, wiggle butt, barking obnoxiously the whole time. If I stop he barks and does this whien until I turn it back on. If I let him sniff it tries to take it from me lol.

He likes to sit and stare at the bubbles when I take a bubble bath.. but if I take a handful of bubble to let him sniff, he bares his teeth at them.. no idea why. If I put them on the ground, he will sniff then lick them. (don't do that often, just experiementing) not sure what he has against bubbles in my hand.

He also is a bed sucker.. any soft squshy place he lays he will find a spot to suck on. Oh and he's a poo inspector too.

Every single time after he poops he turns around and gives it a good sniff and once over before exiting the area. On that note.. he does not like going into his poo area unless he's pooping. So if we're playing and I toy ends up over there he runs to the area then stops at the edge.. he looks around like deciding where to step and so precisely steps where he needs to.. side to side, one paw at a time.. and he gets just close enough to stretch his neck and pick up the toy with just his front teeth and backs out the same way he came in and when he's out of that area he sprints back to me. I just find it so entertaining to watch! haha.

When he finishes eating he will always run up to me and my BF really excitedly to get his face rubbed and he's all excited the whole time. This is the only time he does this. When we noticed this, as soon as he finishes his food we always askhim "how was dinner" and he'll bolt to us and do the routine.. we like to think he is telling us how good it was and how happy he was to eat it. Lol.

I'm sure there is more.. but that's all I got now :) Love reading your guys' responses!! They crack me up!

·
Registered
231 Posts
there it is, anyway, this was this morning, two of his toys laying on the couch with him, when I grabbed my camera Z took off, thought he was in trouble LOL

·
Registered
766 Posts
Every single time after he poops he turns around and gives it a good sniff and once over before exiting the area. On that note.. he does not like going into his poo area unless he's pooping. So if we're playing and I toy ends up over there he runs to the area then stops at the edge.. he looks around like deciding where to step and so precisely steps where he needs to.. side to side, one paw at a time.. and he gets just close enough to stretch his neck and pick up the toy with just his front teeth and backs out the same way he came in and when he's out of that area he sprints back to me. I just find it so entertaining to watch! haha.
My boy does this too haha.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sounds like we've all got some poop inspectors on our hands.
Yeah, Linus is a poop inspector. After a thorough inspection he will shoot me a look as if to say "aren't you going to pick that up?" If I delay in picking it up such as trying to get a poop bag open he will shoot me another look as if to say "Come on man! That's disgusting. Do something! "

That behavior is so much more welcome that my last GSD Maddie. She was a poop eater extraordinaire. One day she found some bear poop. 5 minutes after coming back inside she barfs up the bear poop. The smell was terrible. Terrible I tell ya! :sick:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Kaiju loves his ball and is usually carrying it around the apartment with him. We have one side table with solid sides that sits up just high enough for the ball to roll under, but not high enough for him to stick his head under. So when the ball accidentally rolls under the table, Kaiju will shove his face under as far as possible, flop the rest of his body onto his side, and wail pathetically until I come over and free the ball.

He also has to guard the bathroom door anytime I'm in there. If the door isn't all the way closed, he pushes it open, sits down facing out and stoically watches for trouble. If I close the door, he'll alternate between whining at the door and bugging my roommate to open the door for him.

Oh, and he HATES smoke. If there is any kind of smoke or steam when I'm cooking, he has to have the patio door open or he'll constantly wail and nudge at my hands.

Finally, he's a master of getting his place back on my bed. If my roommate is sitting on the bed with me, Kaiju will go get a drink of water, suck up a bunch of extra, then trot over and drool it all over my roomie's lap until he frees up the space for Kaiju. He can be a devious little troll sometimes.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mystique loves chewing on my hair. I have really long hair, down past my waist. She'll start out by giving me kisses then will start chewing on my hair. I correct her right away and then she'll run and get a toy. Whenever I'm brushing out my hair she'll sit there watching me and whining. She's excellent with "Leave it"... except for my hair. I don't know what it is, maybe she thinks I'd look better bald? Silly goober.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Dexter hides things in his man cave outside.
I find,
Socks
Gloves
Shoes
Hats
And other things and in his special hiding spot. He also spends some time rolling around big rocks, barking at them, and then snipping the grass around them, he will eventually roll his big rock over to a new hole and drop it in cover it and proceed to dig a previous rock up do the same weird series of rock events then re locate it to another hole.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This entire post is so hilarious! It has to be something in their blood.

Especially the rocks! I love the story of taking prized rock to new home hehe. I could not understand why mako was so obsessed with rocks. At first I thought he was eating them (and would immediately say leave it and pull him away), but now see he "travels" with them in his mouth place to place while walking and eventually into the house. I have a rock collection on my bar from him. It is nice to see other gsd pups do it as well!

The taking shoes and hiding/piling them up as well! They are such goofy dogs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ok, so I just thought of this one Perseus does. He is in love with his soft blanket. It's so hard to keep washing them because once they come out of the dryer, he is right there grabbing them out of my arms and then humps them. I have to lock him out of the room right when I get them so I could Fold them.lol. he has so many so I can wash one while one is in his cage, but he ends up with them all .

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Kyleigh's the same with poop in the back yard. Right now there are a ton of leaves and I can't see if I've missed a poop or not.

If her ball lands near a poop ... look out! She goes running over, comes to a DEAD STOP and sniffs, and then looks at her ball, then me, then the poop and then barks ... She'll do this cycle of it until either I go in the house and call her in, go get her ball and throw it in another direction or go pick it up!

It's pretty comical ... and yes, freaking diva dogs LOL ... look at my avatar!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Cruz has always had a fascination with our house vent register covers. He will paw and claw at them until he gets one out of the floor, then mouths it. Why? I have no idea why. He doesn't do it all the time. Once in a while he will.

He also likes our area rug in the living room. He will claw like he is trying to dig a hole until he curls it up where he can get a bite on it. I know why he does this. He wants attention. He gets in trouble but still does it. He gets the rug in his mouth, then rolls his eyes up at you waiting for you to react.

·
Super Moderator
4,634 Posts
Patton has a thing about Hissing. The cat hisses, of course, from safely under the bed. If we use a spray can he gets all rowdy and excited. We have to keep him safely away or he would try to grab the can. Rakes, when they scratch along the ground become the challenger to be conquered. We were at a tire place and of course there was a great deal of hissing sound there, much to the delight of my dog. Sometimes the hydroponics on a large truck hiss and Patton perks right up. Anything that makes a Hiss type sound will get the complete attention of my dog.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Scout loves her ball. But if I'm not playing with her, she'll purposefully put the ball somewhere she can't reach it (under the couch, down the basement steps, in the bathtub) and then sit there and stare at it until I come to get it for her (this can last seconds...or hours). She doesn't bark (usually)...she's not obnoxious about it...she just gives me those puppy eyes until I give in and get up and get it for her. So, she's obviously trained me to play fetch for her pretty well.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Akivah will hold his little sister's tail in his mouth while she is running. He used to be able to lift her whole hind end off the ground, lol. Now he just holds it as they run.

Areli buries her biscuits and bones in the house, only they are in plain sight. She tries to use her nose and bury the bone with the carpet, or fuzz I guess. She actually thinks they are buried. Akivah watches her with such a funny look and then when she leaves he runs over to the obviously unburied biscuit /bone and eats it. She used to be obsessed with shoes and the insole but thankfully that has passed. But our shih tzu has a stuffed toy of a donkey that squeaks 'Jack'. She has a TON of toys but has to have Jack!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts