German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if y'all gsd has weird of funny things they do. For Perseus, he loves loves marbles. At first, he would find the kids marbles and put them in his mouth. My first response was, "oh no, he is going to choke or swallow it" I tried to find them all, but with no luck. UN tell one day he brought me a marble and tossed it to me. He will find them and toss them to me and if I sit with him he will roll it back and forth with me. It's funny when he tried to stop the marble with his paw and it would get stuck between his paw pads and he will keep looking for it, lifting his paw up. Still hasn't figure where it goes lol.

·
Registered
447 Posts
My girl will put a toy in her mouth and sleep with it like a pacifier. She also has a pet rock, not just any rock but the same rock. I find it all kinds of places and most the time when I go to kennel her of a night she knows the routine and I find the rock already in there. Also ever since she was a tiny baby she's had this thing about turning around to look at her poops after she's made them.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Linus likes to dig out the insole of my shoes. As soon as he sees a shoe of mine running loose he shoves his face into the shoe and works at it until he removes the insole. Then he chews the insole a bit--doesn't eat it or tear it into pieces but he does munch softly on it for a little while if I let him. Maybe not so strange but he is pretty consistent about it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
There's just something about GSD's loving the treasure of the insole at the bottom of a shoe. I don't think the grow out of it either, my girls 8months now and still does it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On thing Perseus does that drives me insane is when his ball or marble goes under the couch or bed, he starts digging the carpet. Some reason he thinks digging in front or the couch will get him the ball. =/

·
Registered
231 Posts
My dog will get all of the toys out of his toy box and place them on my sleeping son, then lay down next to him and wait for him to wake up. My poor kid keeps waking up with chewed up slobber toys all over him, and no place is safe, they are on his head, his face, his hands, etc.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
My dog will get all of the toys out of his toy box and place them on my sleeping son, then lay down next to him and wait for him to wake up. My poor kid keeps waking up with chewed up slobber toys all over him, and no place is safe, they are on his head, his face, his hands, etc.
Awww, we want pictures of this!

Susan

·
Registered
231 Posts
I will try to get some in the morning. My son has been sleeping on the couch because of a cough he can't get rid of, I should be able to get some in the morning, Z does it while I am sleeping too LOL

·
Registered
270 Posts
Axel collects all of the empty food bowls and puts them on his bed. Then when he wants to get into his bed he sits beside it and cries until someone moves the bowls. He also tries picking up my Shetland Sheepdog buy his collar so now I have to take it off him once we get back from a walk.

Oh and he opens all of the doors in the house when everyone is sleeping, so we had to start locking all of the doors but then he started trying to twist the keys so we have to hide the keys now too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lloyd like to take one of his toys and drop it down the stairs. He then runs down after it and brings it back up. He'll usually only repeat it a couple times, but I get a kick out of it every time.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Midnite will take every ball in the house and put them next to me throughout the night. I wake up surrounded all the time. Everyday when I come home one of my shoes is in the other room, that would be Robyn carrying it around while I'm not home. Brennan steals stuff and leaves his ball in its place. He is famous for carrying shoes outside. Tannor loves his monkey, that has always been his favorite toy, I buy several at a time. Robyn's favorite toy is a medium size rock she found when she was about 6 months, I packed the rock and brought it with us when we moved.

Robyn and her rock, balls everywhere and she chooses her rock....

·
Registered
15,888 Posts
I, too, have rock hounds. The pup picked it up from the youngster. They specialize in large, heavy rocks. Carrying rocks isn't enough. They dig divots in the lawn playing with the rocks. They also roll on the rocks and moan loudly.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I, too, have rock hounds. The pup picked it up from the youngster. They specialize in large, heavy rocks. Carrying rocks isn't enough. They dig divots in the lawn playing with the rocks. They also roll on the rocks and moan loudly.
Last year I came home and Robyn had torn her nail pretty good, turns out the rock was frozen into the ground and she tore her nail trying to dig it out. Now I keep the rock from getting frozen into the ground...

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Wow, I don't have a rock hound. Fiona does think that anytime I am sitting in the bathroom is play time. She will play bow, bark at me and then run around the bedroom/bathroom.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My now 8 year old GSD has sucked his pillow since I got him at 2 months old. We can't leave the house without his pillow. One time we went on vacation and had to backtrack 200 miles because we forgot his pillow.
Awe. So cute. My boy does this but with his blanket. Well... Any kind of soft blanket. Haha it's funny because when I'm at the store and walk by a fuzzy soft blanket or robe, I'm like Perseus would suck that.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Xerxes hates litter. I take them for a run every day at the local fairgrounds. He will find a discarded plastic bottle and carry it around for a while teasing Jasira, my female and if she can't catch it from him, he then looks for a place to bury it. He especially likes snowbanks, because they are easy to dig a hole in , but in nicer weather, he's tried digging in dirt, gravel, anywhere he can find. And he uses his nose to cover it up. He's hilarious.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pretzl likes hair brushes, they are his favorite thing to steal, but at the same time he is creeped out by the texture. He will grab it by the handle to carry it off, then he drops it and barks at it and bites at the bristles. Once his nose or mouth touches the bristles he jumps up straight into into the air and runs away! Then he runs right back and starts over again till i take it away. :rolleyes: LOL

He also used to try to lure my away from my food by pretending he needs to pee… I head to the door to let him out and he keep stopping and looking back at me to make sure I am coming… Once I am almost to the door darts off as fast as he can to where I left my food and gobbles up as much as he can before I get there!!
He finally has learned the "Leave it" command pretty well, so this hasn't happened in a while! haha

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pretzl likes hair brushes, they are his favorite thing to steal, but at the same time he is creeped out by the texture. He will grab it by the handle to carry it off, then he drops it and barks at it and bites at the bristles. Once his nose or mouth touches the bristles he jumps up straight into into the air and runs away! Then he runs right back and starts over again till i take it away. :rolleyes: LOL

He also used to try to lure my away from my food by pretending he needs to pee… I head to the door to let him out and he keep stopping and looking back at me to make sure I am coming… Once I am almost to the door darts off as fast as he can to where I left my food and gobbles up as much as he can before I get there!!
He finally has learned the "Leave it" command pretty well, so this hasn't happened in a while! haha
Haha, the last part made me laugh haha.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, I don't have a rock hound. Fiona does think that anytime I am sitting in the bathroom is play time. She will play bow, bark at me and then run around the bedroom/bathroom.
Perseus loves when I'm in the bathroom. He will push my door open, drop his ball and wait tell I through the ball out. =) no privacy at all. Also, if I'm doing my hair he will bring in his ball and drop it in the toilet. =/. He will do this too if we play ball he will go to his water bowel, drop his ball In it, take a drink and bring you the ball all wet and water dripping down his mouth.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts