German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that my GSD randomly develops these weird dark spots/discoloration and tender/scaly looking skin on his belly/private area. Anyone know what this could be? He eats pretty high quality food and I have him on fish oil, vitamin e and an allergy supplement.

Dog breed Felidae Dog Carnivore Liver

·
Super Moderator
8,455 Posts
Insect bites?

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
my male gets this from time to time… it goes away, usually after a good bath so i’ve ruled out hyperpigmentation, it’s not smelly so that generally rules out yeast, no fleas so not flea dirt… i just assume it’s from him licking (similar to tears causing those dark tear stains). i brought it up once at the vet and she rattled off a bunch of things, most of what i’ve written above but wasn’t concerned. i stopped worrying about it. he’s got it now - on one side more than other and it correlates with the opposite side that he usually sleeps on, which supports the possibility of licking.

anyway, quite the word dump… any of that ring true for your boy?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
What does the area look like under the underarms? Sorry, I compare like humans. My dog had allergies and she would get spots like that on her belly and under what I consider the armpits. If I see blacks spots on her body, it's from an allergic reaction to something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts