German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Accidental double post, you can just delete one of them sorry*

Hello!

The past few days, my dog has had two marks almost identical inside both ears.. I've called the vet and she's not sure what it is either, but told me not to worry. I've owned dogs my whole life and I've never seen this before, also that theres almost two identical marks in each ear, makes me think its not just brusing from scratching or something like that.. My dog have some allergic problems tho and has had yeast ears a few times by now.

I really hope somebody knows what this is, since its driving me crazy haha

Thanks for help in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
My dog has the same marks.It's just a different color skin in symmetrical patches.It's not dirt,it's not bruising.Why,I don't know:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you notice the marks inside your dogs ears? because I've been looking back on old photos etc. and I dont see any marks inside his ears on those pictures.. Can it be related to the weather maybe? theres currently alot hotter in my country then we're used to

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
I really don't know.They just sort of gradually appeared.I thought it was dirt or some sort of stain at first.It's a mystery.Nothing to worry about though.

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Yeah that’s interesting max has marks in his ears similar but they always been there like birth marks. It is strange they just appeared. Maybe from the sun brought out the pigment? I don’t know that’s just a guess

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah okay, that makes me less worried that your dogs has it aswell.. You might be right about the sun might have an effect, because his currently experience hotter weather then his used to here in Denmark, so that might be the reason :)

Thanks for help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts