German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Xyla look under weight? She is 31lbs, 3 months 2 weeks old. She seem to stop growing the last week. I feed her 2 cups total, one in morning and one at night of a mix of blue wilderness puppy and Diamond Natural adult.

Should I feed her more? She is very active all day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
She looks fine to me. Although 2 cups of food does not seem like enough. But each puppy is different.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my boy was fed 1 cup in the am, 1 cup noonish and 1 cup
in the pm. i fed him 3 cups a day untill he was 9 months old.
i don't think your pup looks thin or underweight.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would go with puppy food and read the label on the back. thats a very good weight for a female her age I would think.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think she looks lovely! I would go with the back of the bag if all else fails. All I know is my pup's weight fluctuated drastically for the first 6 months and it all seemed to be related to his growth spurts. It didn't matter how much I fed him. If he was going through a growth spurt he would thin out no matter how much I fed him. He is now 8 months old and still fluctuating a lot but less dramatic.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I don't think she looks thin at all. In fact she looks portly compared to my bony guy (a constant battle to get him to not look like a hide over a skeleton). My 12 week old male (13 weeks tomorrow!) is eating over FOUR 1/2 cups a day right now. I'm transitioning him to a higher calorie food so I don't have to feed so much bulk to get in calories. He weighed 27 lb 4 oz last week. His old food only has 336 cal a cup (Chicken Soup for LBP-the food the breeder weaned the litter on); his new food has 450 cal a cup (BB LBP).

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
She looks good to me also, I feed my 15 week 2 and half cups in the morning and evening... And he's growing like a weed :eek:

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts