German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 4 year old shepherd is losing weight again. She's always been pretty thin and her first year was plagued with various medications and many food changes. She's been on a raw diet for over a year and had topped out at 67 lbs, but has started to thin out again. She was on some vitamins but at 80 dollars a month plus another 50 for glucosamine, it was rather expensive. I've had the vet suggest some sort of powder that breaks down the nutrients and enzymes for easier absorption but didn't recommend any brands. I live in Calgary, Alberta and was just wondering if any GSD owners had some suggestions of vitamins or this powder.

She has been tested for EPI, worms, the works. I'm thinking a possible case of IBS. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Supplements that I use for my Sting that may help your dog are: 1. OptaGest for enzymes and digestion 2. NuPro Silver with the glucosamine. If you try the NuPro start with the regular does (don't double) and divide it into 2 meals so her system gets used to it. For the OptaGest I would give double (which is for mature dogs) and again divide into 2 meals. I give both together with Arthoflex and mix with a little plain yogurt and water. This may also work: HomeoPet Disgestive Drops - it did for my kitty who had a very sensitive tummy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts