German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how much should I be expecting my pups to grow weekly/monthly? Just curious.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just search for GSD weight chart and you will get a ton of information. Treat it just like a rough guideline.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Depends on your pups' ages, genetics, how many were in the litter, etc.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
There are so many factors, like amount of exercise etc that it's hard to say. You do want to make sure that your pup should stay as lean as possible to reduce pressure and weight on the hips and other joints.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
There are so many factors, like amount of exercise etc that it's hard to say. You do want to make sure that your pup should stay as lean as possible to reduce pressure and weight on the hips and other joints.
For what it's worth, my pup gained 2 pounds per week up to 7 months then stopped dead. All gains after that were microscopic. She's not a big dog at 25.5 inches and 70 pounds.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you. Orijen Large breed puppy 2 cups three times a day and a fish oil supplement

Wow! 6 cups a day? lol I feed my girl just over 4 cups per day. 2 1/2 in the morning and 2 at night. However I'm only expecting her to hit about 60-65 lbs. Unless she has a growth spurt, however she'll be 5 months on Feb 2nd.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm starting to feel like my pup is being starved with +/- 4 cups a day of Wellness LB. At around 7-8 months I'm starting to see a very slow increase in weight also, seem to fill out a little more at that age. All have spurts occur at different rates and ages.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'm starting to feel like my pup is being starved with +/- 4 cups a day of Wellness LB. At around 7-8 months I'm starting to see a very slow increase in weight also, seem to fill out a little more at that age. All have spurts occur at different rates and ages.
We are only feeding 3 cups a day. but my pup is a bit younger.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My pup is only eating 2-2.5 cups a day (I can put more in her dish at dinner time but she usually doesn't finish her lunch serving...) but she is gaining about .6lbs per day now at 11 weeks.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
4 cups a day seems like a lot but some dogs have big appetites. The rapid weight gain comes to a screeching halt at 7-8 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts