German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New member here and I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how to maybe strengthen the pasterns on a 5 year old male gsd? He IS neutered, however I had that done at 3 years of age. I'll include some pictures. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Has he always been like this?

Hormones are necessary for joint health throughout the life of the dog, not just during growth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve only just noticed recently, but I’ve never really paid attention until lately as I’ve been doing more research on the confirmation of gsds.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Has your dog gained weight prior to you noticing? Is he over weight now? Does he primarily spend time and exercise on manmade surfaces?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He’s around 83-85 pounds and lives in the house but we mostly exercise in large fields or in the woods,yard,etc. However, we do go on runs together around my neighborhood. I’ll include a full body pic. In my honest opinion I feel like his whole structure is off. I will say this also it doesn’t matter if he’s fetching a ball uphill or on a flat field he crashes into the ball like a lion after a gazelle. I could toss the ball 6 feet away from and he’d be smashing right into it full force. So maybe that could be contributing to the weakening also?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts