German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the thread from earlier was deleted.

Looking for advice on how to handle weak nerve dog.

My puppy Fiona runs from people, dogs, and puppies

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Wait... do you have a weak nerved dog AND a new puppy or your new puppy is weak nerved?

I didn't see it, but why was your thread deleted? I thought we didn't delete threads here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait... do you have a weak nerved dog AND a new puppy or your new puppy is weak nerved?

I didn't see it, but why was your thread deleted? I thought we didn't delete threads here.
Apparently they do delete them, right my new puppy Fiona has weak nerves. Very very timid

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Give her more exposure to all things that she is afraid of.
BUT
Be there to support and protect her. Don't force her, just expose her.
Repeated exposure under controlled conditions where she trusts you.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Ok... how old is your puppy? How long have you had him? What kind of socialization/training have you done with him? What does your breeder have to say about this... did they offer any of this advice?

Sorry if you're repeating anything from your deleted thread, I didn't see it, that's why I'm asking this stuff.

Really strange that a thread was deleted, though. I can only remember one other thread that was deleted (outside of spamming/advertising threads) and that went on for like 40+ pages before it was deleted.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Me too. The magic of the board! Contact your breeder and let them help you through this. We here, have given advice, I know you read it....and it will be lifelong management if the pup does have weaker nerves. Are you up for that???

This thread will probably dissappear too, as long as you have your signature showing.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Your breeder offers free socialization and help until the pup is 6 months old according to her website. I would start there. I'm not quite sure why we're making a thread about it on a website she participates in when you have that option to work with her directly. Unless you had the puppy shipped to you? Regardless, I think you got a lot of great answers in the previous thread.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
OP... you care to give a little more info regarding your puppy and why you think it has weak nerves?

I'd be interested in hearing from the breeder as well. I don't know anything about her breeding program or her dogs, but seems to produce some very sound dogs and is pretty respected here. Something definitely seems a little off here.

·
Banned
11,005 Posts
How do you tell (for sure) if a puppy has weak nerves or if it's environment.
I think of a "weak nerve" puppy as one that is shy from the git-go and that does not describe your puppy, when I read back about her and view her photos.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Your breeder offers free socialization and help until the pup is 6 months old according to her website. I would start there. I'm not quite sure why we're making a thread about it on a website she participates in when you have that option to work with her directly. Unless you had the puppy shipped to you? Regardless, I think you got a lot of great answers in the previous thread.
I was reading that thread and went away for a bit and came back and it had gone:confused:

Why shouldn't this person be allowed to discuss this on here like any other person who has a problem Shaina??
Just because the breeder is a member the post was deleted and she shouldn't ask for advice?? That is not right IMO.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was reading that thread and went away for a bit and came back and it had gone:confused:

Why shouldn't this person be allowed to discuss this on here like any other person who has a problem Shaina??
Just because the breeder is a member the post was deleted and she shouldn't ask for advice?? That is not right IMO.
I 100% agree. I didn't see the original post, but someone should be able to discuss their situation as long as the post remains civil.

As far as the dog having weak nerves...even the best breeders produce some duds every once in awhile. I'd socialize, socialize, socialize, and love her none the less!

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
How do you tell (for sure) if a puppy has weak nerves or if it's environment.
I think of a "weak nerve" puppy as one that is shy from the git-go and that does not describe your puppy, when I read back about her and view her photos.
Well, so far, all I'm reading is a bunch of breeder bashing without much other information. My puppy is this, my puppy may have that, my puppy is from this breeder.

I may be wrong here, but something smells a little fishy.

OP... if you're legitimately asking for advice, we're going to need some more info than what you're providing us with.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well, so far, all I'm reading is a bunch of breeder bashing without much other information. My puppy is this, my puppy may have that, my puppy is from this breeder.

OP... if you're legitimately asking for advice, we're going to need some more info than what you're providing us with.
She did give lots of details in her original thread and was getting advice and they deleted it.....did you read the first one??

·
Banned
5,219 Posts

A preposition is something you should never end a sentence with.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.