German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I?m pup has a weak jaw evertime he runs with something in his mouth it drops also we practice with his training and whenever he bites he gums or teeth start to bleed

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
Could he be teething?

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
He most definitely is teething. Have you seen any of his adult teeth starting to come in?

What kind of training are you doing with him? Are you doing tug, rag or bite work?

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
You need to be very careful when doing tug work with a young puppy. A puppies gums are sensitive and can be painful. Doing too much tug work can be damaging to a young pup. You can pull teeth out and if the dog is sensitive he will remember that painful experience for a long time. I would stop doing any bite work, even rag or tug work until all of his adult teeth are in. lay off for a good month or so. If you are new to bite work you may be doing more harm than good at this age.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need to be very careful when doing tug work with a young puppy. A puppies gums are sensitive and can be painful. Doing too much tug work can be damaging to a young pup. You can pull teeth out and if the dog is sensitive he will remember that painful experience for a long time. I would stop doing any bite work, even rag or tug work until all of his adult teeth are in. lay off for a good month or so. If you are new to bite work you may be doing more harm than good at this age.
thanks for the advice i think I?ll have to wait until he?s about 7 months or until I see all his adult teeth I?m actually training with my cousin he has trained his Rottweiler in bite work:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts