German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
exactly - I spent the time to look at a few sites, amazon and the products home page

big claim

big mystery - never an ingredient listed

okay thank you fir showing the label.

won't harm the pup one bit - but those claims are big --- won't do for a spinal problem

I know those supplements well --- I do incorporate glucosamine and MSM in a supplemnt.

MSM - best quality is USA made -- by Opti-MSM

recipe --- get lamb shank -- boil down for a good lamb BROTH -- (enjoy the meat yourself if you are not
vegetarian)

you can get lamb leg bones -- I get mine at a Hallal butcher and this is the preferred health broth , over
Chcken soup for that culture

this will be full of amino glucosamine / chondroiin/ collagen . The lamb is a copper rich meat.
Add pumpkin seeds and you have your zinc.''

You can add turmeric --- I import organic turmeric from India - dark brick red and earthy scent -- gorgeous

most are familiar with the China version --- which is more yellow and not as potent for therapeutic benefits

the only thing missing will be organic sulfur , which garlic does have - but you can over do garlic and cause a canine bleeding problem - anemia . This has to do with the amount .

A safe and beneficial organic sulfur - MSM methyl sufonyl methane --- which if making a broth you would add
to a serving - not the enitre pot or jar that you will produce '

this is a broth that your dog will surely love and benefit from over all - but it is not a remedy
to what may be a physical problem coming out of his build

you need to get an x ray done --- dragging the foot is not good . product is okayish -- depending on what you are
paying

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
when you do the x ray have two sets down .

one dog on back - allows view of spine AND hips .

one dog on side for spinal shot.

the sooner you know the better because a degenerative process found out
and treated early has a better outcome -

watch the video . I know it is in a different language but not too far from the
beginning there is a person visiting a clinic - the Vet out spoken , "another" dog with
stenosis .

they show x rays , they show the dog walking . Look and question if this is similar to yours.

The SV knows and hides it .

good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Visited vet today thank god there is no problem with hip joint but according to vet near the hip socket something is not perfect vet injected acitol B 12 and ask me visit after 15 days he said this will be ok by medication . I am attaching photo of x ray .

Attachments

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
very puzzling placement of dog for this x ray .

the dog should have been lying down on his side so that you can
see the spine .

spine - to ascertain if problem is stenosis -- or other which would impact
nerve conduction

in the x ray where dog is in that ???? frog leg ???? position I would
comment that the dog does NOT have good bone density.
Bone on the right leg is scary thin.

the answer is NOT calcium .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I m fine.... my dog is ok,he is active only problem is he cant run far . today I visited vet he said he will be ok after some time (injected acitol for calcium absorption).i m staying in Auranagabd and here we don’t have good Vet.did u c any abnormalities in x-ray?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Mr. Mirza I am a fellow gsd owner from Aurangabad too my puppy is 4 months old and showing similar problems would it be possible for us to meet or at least discuss this issue since u have taken great care of leo I am desperately hoping you can guide me

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Sabir, as far as the x-rays go, your vet obviously has NO CLUE what he is doing. In order to diagnose hip dysplasia, the legs have to be parallel to each other, with the knee caps showing. The pelvis has to be as level as possible. A good hip x-ray looks like this:

And as Carmen has already said, an x-ray of the spine should be taken with the dog lying on its side. An x-ray taken with the dog on its back does not show bulging spinal discs, or vertebrae that are poorly formed or broken, and pressing on the nerves!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Sunsilver , here in Aurangabad its very difficult to do an perfect xray of a dog the person who takes the xray is scared of the dog.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
When hip x-rays are done for OFA and SV certification, the dogs are usually sedated, so no need for the vet to be afraid.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts