German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My male German Shepherd is 15 months old. He was a late bloomer with his ears standing up. One went up at about 6 months and the other went up at about 9 months. I’m so grateful that his ears went up at all because we worried about the second one even though I had experience with a shepherd having their ears pop up at almost a year before. It’s because his left ear would erect when he was excited but the top half would flop. Now that both are up the left tip is up only when he is standing still. He still tries to pull his ears down as well. But the tip of his ear flops around whenever he moves. Is there anything I can do? I know about taping ears but I’m not sure you can do it for the tip. I’m also not sure if he is too old to try and tape his ear up. If anyone has had this problem with a dog over a year old I would love to hear from you if you have any solutions or if your dog finally got strength in their ear. Again I’m thankful the ear went up at all but I just want his ear to not flop in the wind if it’s possible at his age.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts