German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bentley is almost 6 months now and has huge ears, but his bases are both really weak. He's also gotten an ear infection now which the vet said can come from his ears being down? His ears go up occasionally, but not for more than a couple minutes and usually only outside. We've looked at the breath right strip option, but I don't know if the moleskin can go down far enough to work. Would taping be better? Being that the bases are so week I assume we would have to put some type of bridge in the middle of them to keep them up? Any ideas/suggestions?

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Do you live close enough to your breeder that she could tape them for you?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you live close enough to your breeder that she could tape them for you?
She is about 2 hours away. We could drive there to have her do it, but depending on how often/long it needs to be done that may not be feasible for us. Do you think taping is the best option for big ears with weak bases. Is it best to have the breeder do it or is it something that a vet could do properly. We can do it ourselves if that is the best method I am sure, but we feel it would be better to have an experienced person do it first to ensure it is done properly. There are many different opinions/techniques out there so we are not sure what to believe.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
I would call his breeder and make an appointment to have it done the first time. She can show you how it is done, and give you an idea of how often it should be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts