German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed Luna doesn't seem to have good balance or strength in her back legs, if i push slightly on her left side she will over correct to the right and sometime falter. I am not sure if it is just she is young or what, is there exercises that will help with just her back legs?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Ok. Got ya. Is her weakness just age related or no.
No one can really guess without seeing her move! Take a video of her walking from a side view and post it! If her gait is pretty normal and it's just a little instability/weakness in the hind quarters it probably is just age related though. Make sure she gets plenty of free exercise on natural surfaces, hiking and exploring. These puppies grow so fast that a little instability from time to time is to be expected. But again, post a video!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No one can really guess without seeing her move! Take a video of her walking from a side view and post it! If her gait is pretty normal and it's just a little instability/weakness in the hind quarters it probably is just age related though. Make sure she gets plenty of free exercise on natural surfaces, hiking and exploring. These puppies grow so fast that a little instability from time to time is to be expected. But again, post a video!
Thats the thing her gait is wonderful, to me it looks perfect.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Pretty normal. They’re awkward, clumsy little things are they grow. Ryka would walk and trip over herself lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i google perch work. i did not know that was called perch i thought it was a thing to help with heel, which it doesn't for me LOL

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
If she looks perfect to you, why are you worried about it? She sounds good to me, but I haven't seen her for myself.

Isn't this like the 5th thread recently from people being worried about their puppy's walking? Are these threads making people paranoid?? Not being critical of you, OP. I have just noticed a trend lately.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If she looks perfect to you, why are you worried about it? She sounds good to me, but I haven't seen her for myself.

Isn't this like the 5th thread recently from people being worried about their puppy's walking? Are these threads making people paranoid?? Not being critical of you, OP. I have just noticed a trend lately.
I would say it is something they are noticing and it looks different. For me I am cautious and will ask even if to me all looks well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts