German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the feed store, I noticed you can now buy frozzen, raw food for your dogs at the feed store. I don't recall the brand name, but it has pre-mixed packages for easy usage. It looked like chicken nuggets and hamburger patties to me, but it was supposed to be value based portions.

While standing there, a man came in with three large mixed breed dogs. All off leash (not even a collar on any) and the dogs ran through out the store. I was thanking God I didn't have Hondo as it would have been a very bad scene indeed.

The man walked over to Hubby and I and began reading the poster regarding the RAW product. He looked at hubby and stated, "If you feed your dog raw dog food, it'll learn to kill it's own food. A person will never be safe around the dog again."

Hubby, who has never been known for his politcal correctness, turned to me and stated, "I told you Hondo thinks we taste like chicken!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
LOL! Awesome comeback on hubby's part!

·
Registered
906 Posts
LOL thats great. People are so ignorant. I told my neighbor how we feed Brody raw and she said..."that doesnt make him more aggressive or want the taste of blood does it?" I said no he's not a vampire :)

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Whahaha! Good one! Chalk one up to hubby!!

Sigh! I live in such a kind, considerate and polite society, I NEVER have great stories like that! Wish more idiots would make comments so I could come up with funny come-backs!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
LMAO!!! thats great!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
"If you feed your dog raw dog food, it'll learn to kill it's own food.
my dogs won't even eat the raw food I make for them! Evidently it's not as good as the store-bought stuff so I'm sure I'm safe because I'm even more work to eat ;)
Brilliant comeback from your hubby though! LOL

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We ended up buying a chest freezer so we could keep Hondo's food seperate from our daily stuff, and buy in bulk when ever it goes on sale. I still feed part kibble so it lasts us a while.

If you had asked me before Hondo that I would own a dog that required his own freezer I would have told you that you were insane. If you told me that I'd have chopped up deer legs, and chicken feet, and other tastey morsels in my freezer I would have told you that there would be no way I could stomach that!

Now I find myself waiting till we have guests to break out the grossest stuff just so I can relish in their reacton! I wonder if Jeff Foxworthy has a "You might be a *******.." for that one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts