German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this morning we awoke to a loud bang, and then a loud cry from Trooper. We rushed to his side and he took a couple deep breathes then passed. We are assuming that he suffered a severe heart attack, he was only 6 years old.

Trooper was an amazing dog. He was excellent with our 2 young kids and he loved us unconditionally. He gave us so many memories and just loved being around people.

I've only lost one other dog like this before, and I was extremely young but still remember it vividly. What I don't remember is the hurt that comes along with it. It's truely losing a member of the family.

Trooper we want you to know that you will be missed more than words can explain, we love you, and you truely were The Worlds Best Dog. Thank you for the memories and you will always be with us in our Hearts.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Trooper. My condolences to you and your family.

:rip: Trooper

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts
He looks like a wonderful family dog...such great shots of him with the children

I am so sorry for your loss.....

:rip: Trooper

Lee

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of your wonderful boy Trooper. It is hard to lose any beloved dog but one so young is doubly hard. Take care .Run free Trooper boy run free.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I am so sorry. Trooper looked like he was a great guy and very much loved.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how badly it feels. One day it will be a little better but until then take care of yourself and know he is on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge waiting for you. He was beautiful and I can tell how much the kids loved him as well. I hope this link helps some:

Rainbow Bridge Poem - Petloss.com

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm really sorry for your loss. We lost one of our cats in a very similar way, he had what we believe to be a heart attack, he let out a really strange cry that we had never heard before and he stopped breathing. 6 years old as well and perfectly healthy up until that day.

It's terrible when it's unexpected and at what you normally assume to be a healthy age - past any accidents while they're young but before old age. Again, I extend my sympathy to your and your family. Hang in there and take comfort in knowing that Trooper is in a better place.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Life is like a fan sometimes. It Blows on one side and it Sucks on the other....

Sorry for your loss. Trooper was a great looking dog. Im sure if he could speak he would say he had a wonderful life that you all gave him.....

RIP Trooper....

Led Zeppelin Stairway To Heaven.....

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am soooo very sorry for your loss. What an absolute gorgeous boy. RIP Trooper, run free sweet boy.......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts