German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was fine this morning. He took his meds ate some cheese with them.

He died in his crate as we were taking him to the vet (again).

As much of a pain in the arse he was I will miss him.

My husband is a physician and said that patients do this when they are removed from life support but do dogs do this too?

Like I said he was fine this morning. I was away for several hours and came back to a nearly dead dog.

It's like he was waiting for us to say goodbye...

A

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Sorry for y8ur loss! No matter how it happens it's never easy! Run free Smokey!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ahhh nuts Zeev.. I feel for you and your family - Be strong for your family members, they need your support too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I knew what happened. He was on pain meds but they finished. I have a feeling he couldn’t get up to drink water. We IV salined him but it was too late. I feel like I should have been more vigilant with his pain meds but he couldn’t be on those forever right? He must’ve been in quite a bit of pain and here I thought he was getting better finishing up his meds. I feel so guilty I can’t sleep.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
It's a privilege to walk alongside a great dog for how ever many years were blessed with together.
Don't second guess yourself, you gave him a great life and he's pain free today and waiting for you til that day ....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Very sorry for your loss of Smokey it's always so heartbreaking no matter what.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I struggle with losing pets far more than people. This last year has seen too many of both.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
So sorry for your loss but don't blame yourself, all things come to that ending time. You gave him love and peace.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I’m sorry for your loss. Be easy with yourself this has been a difficult time for you. RIP handsome Smokey.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
My deepest sympathies to you and family.

·
Registered
32,695 Posts
Hugs to you, Z. I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't only assume that this was something like hemangiosarcoma that takes our dogs so suddenly and with very little warning. Take solice in knowing he didn't suffer and linger in pain.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts