German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbors granddaughter found a puppy in the alley way in her apartment complex, she's unable to keep her due to the fact that her apartment complex doesn't allow animals. She found her in an over sized collar stuck under a fence. The vet estimates she's around 6-8 weeks probably closer to 6 weeks. We're not a hundred percent we're keeping her, we're taking her to a part tonight with some of my mom's friends to see if any of them want her. they think she's a terrier mix and will probably be about 20 lbs. so without further adieu here is a picture of the un-named female pup

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Very cute, I love the way she looks. I hope that you can find her a loving and forever home. :)

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that may be with us lol

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Have you asked around to see if someone lost her? A dog that young surely has a home somewhere. She is very cute though!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you asked around to see if someone lost her? A dog that young surely has a home somewhere. She is very cute though!!
my neighbors granddaughter has signs up and has had her for a week and noones claimed her, she's not chipped the vet checked twice

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Aww so cute!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
my neighbors granddaughter has signs up and has had her for a week and noones claimed her, she's not chipped the vet checked twice
Did you call all of the shelters and rescues in your area? All of the local vets? The police? Have you checked petfinder.com and craigslist for lost dog ads, and the paper? Signs aren't enough, unfortunately. I know you guys are attached to the dog, but if she belongs to someone, they're probably really missing her and want her back.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you call all of the shelters and rescues in your area? All of the local vets? The police? Have you checked petfinder.com and craigslist for lost dog ads, and the paper? Signs aren't enough, unfortunately. I know you guys are attached to the dog, but if she belongs to someone, they're probably really missing her and want her back.
I didn't find her, my neighbors granddaughter did. She can't keep her in her apartment so we're taking her and if someone claims her we'll happily give her to her rightful owners :) I dont know if she's done any of that

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh she's adorable! Glad she was found...if you don't keep her make sure she gets a lovely home!
I will. I dont want her to go to the shelter so I'll be checking the people out if we don't end up keeping her.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just thought I'd update everyone on the puppy that we took in. We took her to a party for one of my mom's friends and some girl really wanted to take her home, we let the girl who found her know that we found someone who wanted to take the puppy, she said great except there was one problem she wanted the puppy back because she found someone who was willing to pay $300 for the puppy. We told the girl that was going to take the puppy last night that the lady who found her wants her back and she started crying. :( We took the puppy home with us and spent a very long night with her in Dodgers crate because we didn't have a smaller crate for her yet. The girl who found the puppy originally came by this morning to pick up the puppy and she kept saying about her financial situation and put an analogy to it: It's like you found a penny, spent the penny, then realized that the penny is worth $1,000. We had agreed with the girl who found her that since she didn't want it to to go the shelter, we'd take her in unless we found a home for her, she agreed to letting us find a good home for her, which we did, then she wants the puppy back after she already gave it to us. I asked her to keep me updated on the puppy and if for some reason the family that took her can't keep her we will take her. I then proceeded to tell her to check shelters, rescues, and vets in her area and the surrounding areas, I don't know if she's going to do that though :(

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I have to say that I kind of disagree with her selling the dog before she has made any real effort to find the real owners. There could be some very worried people out there looking for their puppy and this girl just made $300 of their loss. That doesn't really sit right with me. If she had called all of the shelters, vets, checked craigslist, etc then maybe.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I wouldn't have given her back. There would be no way I would have let her take that puppy back and SELL her especially after YOU took her in:( Now if she had kept it to take care of it and find it a home, different story.

Hope she knows who bought it and they don't decide to do god knows what with the little thing:(

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't have given her back. There would be no way I would have let her take that puppy back and SELL her especially after YOU took her in:( Now if she had kept it to take care of it and find it a home, different story.

Hope she knows who bought it and they don't decide to do god knows what with the little thing:(
she said she does know the people who are taking her in. I told her to check everywhere before handing over the puppy and money and make it very clear that she wants the dog back if the family can not keep her for what ever reason. I probably should have said no you gave her to us, I didn't handle it my mom did, I don't think my mom felt like getting in a legal battle over a puppy that isn't either of ours. ( my mom thinks someones looking for her she looked in to good a shape to just be dumped and she was found with another puppy). I'm going to keep bugging her about the puppy if she found it's rightful owners yet or not. She said she put an ad up on craigs list asking if it's someone puppy. I told her that it may take several weeks not days to find her owners.

she kept telling me how she felt like crap about having to ask for the puppy back and blah blah blah, I don't think she meant it if she did should wouldn't have just let the girl have the puppy, she certainly didn't look like she felt bad about what she was doing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts