German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the SPRAY BOTTLE!! haha it seems tyson is going through this phase where he like to test his limits/boudaries with us and telling him NO and re-directing isnt cutting it right now.

well i used to have a quaker parrot that would spuak and squak, we used a spray bottle to spray him when he would squak constantly to teach him not to do it...well i thought about it real quick
and decided to use this technique on tyson. he doesnt like it at all
its almost funny to see his reactions to this "stuff" comeing from this "evil" black bottle. i've only used it a couple times, but i will see if it has any effect on him..wish me luck

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Yes the spray bottle is quite effective.

·
Registered
362 Posts
:Sigh: Unfortunately for me, my 6 month old pup actually likes the squirt bottle. It doesn't phaze him at all.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
My dog LOVES it, then she wants to drag you outside so you can spray her with the BIG sprayer....***sigh*** My biggest weapon was always to with hold attention. Sometimes I would actually race off to another room, she would drop whatever it was and come tearing after.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hmmm, Reminds me of my last GSD. The garden hose was perhaps his greatest joy in life. It came in great at bath time. I bought one of those hose end sprayers, put his shampoo in it and he stood perfectly still while I put the sprayer right onto his coat. Solution went all the way to his skin and when it ran out it rinsed him off.
He loved it. Then he would go find dirt to roll in and dry himself off!

·
Banned
3,320 Posts
Ya know we had used a squirt gun on one of my cats who was a notorious furniture scratcher. We bought him a scratching post but he still preferred the upholstery...

DH had suggested we try it with Max and I was hesitant about it. I know it was effective with my cat real fast. I may rethink the squirt gun idea...it does get tiresome saying no a million times a day and having to get up and remove him from what he is not supposed to be getting into...hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Originally Posted By: k9sarnekoYes the spray bottle is quite effective.
It's also a great way of making your dog afraid of you- should he see you using it.
And it doesn't really teach the dog anything besides that alot of stuff is dangerous whenever you are around- so he'll figure and waits with eating the couch until you're gone.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally Posted By: Maedchen
Originally Posted By: k9sarnekoYes the spray bottle is quite effective.
It's also a great way of making your dog afraid of you- should he see you using it.
And it doesn't really teach the dog anything besides that alot of stuff is dangerous whenever you are around- so he'll figure and waits with eating the couch until you're gone.
haha..we dont use it anymore..we tried it but when he's up to no good by the time i would get up to get the bottle he would have already forgotten what he had done. and no i dont want him to be affraid of me. i know he's not bc ill yell at him in a "loud mean tone" (grr lol) and he just stands there and looks at me like "im sorry" and then ill tell him to come, he does and no i wont call him to scold..who runs to there parents to get a butt woop'n?? i know i didnt!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts