German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well we were in contact with a girl who has a purebred gsd.

Reason for rehoming is her 3yr old female gsd doesnt take too well to the pup. She gave us some paperwork (didn't read it), let the gf do the transaction (her pup).

She is 10 weeks old. This girl got her at 8 weeks and last two weeks haven't worked with her 3yr old.

She is such a cutie.

I brought my Arlo so she could meet and the lady was surprised when I told her I got him from a byb. So her reaction about mentioning byb put me more at ease about this lil girl and her possibly coming from a reputable breeder. But it is CL so I'm not holding my breath. People can lie..

Arlo instantly licked her. When we got home, we opened the kennel and after an hour, yet to come out. But arlo will go up to her, and they just keep licking each others noses lol

Cats aren't freaking out too much. Doing better then when Arlo came home, but still keeping up their guard and growling a tid bit.

..oh, her name is Cali. This is my girls pup

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
pictures!!!!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
We need pics!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know! Girl is hogging her an the camera. Hopefully by tonight or tomorrow.

She is mostly black. Ears already perked up

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
cant wait!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Your new girl is just beautiful! What a fantastic find. Glad all your searching paid off so nicely.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
You're right - she is a cutie! Congrats! :)

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
She is beautiful...thank you for saving her....good luck with her.

No...she did not come from a reputable breeder...or there would have been a contract behind her stating that the breeder must be contacted if the buyer could not keep...she would have had a safety net and someone that cared what happened to her.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
She is beautiful...thank you for saving her....good luck with her.

No...she did not come from a reputable breeder...or there would have been a contract behind her stating that the breeder must be contacted if the buyer could not keep...she would have had a safety net and someone that cared what happened to her.
Just because there is a contact doesn't mean the person who purchased her will hold up their end of the contract.

Many people "rehome" dogs on craigslist or kijiji because they want to recoup some of their money. Is it right, no. Does it happen, yes.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
So her reaction about mentioning byb put me more at ease about this lil girl and her possibly coming from a reputable breeder.
If shes registered then youll know exactly where she came from. Most people think a backyard breeder is a hoarder or puppy mill. They dont realize it can be the nice family down the street who bred their two nice beautiful pets. They think thats a reputable breeder because it was only once, or they took such good care of the puppies and parents, or they asked the buyer some questions, etc.

Chances are good that shes BYB. Doesnt make her a bad puppy.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Oh she's so adorable! Congrats!

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Just because there is a contact doesn't mean the person who purchased her will hold up their end of the contract.

Many people "rehome" dogs on craigslist or kijiji because they want to recoup some of their money. Is it right, no. Does it happen, yes.
I am betting if I bought a dog from a breeder 2 weeks prior, and we had discussed in detail all the ins and outs of the contract, particularly with my 3 year old female as a topic of discussion with the breeder, I would remember that breeder and what they asked me to do - 2 weeks prior - unless I had some kind of head injury, which is always as wildly possible as anything else.

I agree completely with what you say about people and their perceptions of what a BYB is. Some people think that buying from a pet store is better than a BYB too. Would be interesting to see if she's a Hunte corp, or other similar, girl.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
It isn't a matter of remembering. It's a matter of - breeder wants the dog back for free, and many people won't do that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts