German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not for the squeamish, or maybe too much info! I had asked in an earlier tread if there was a way to help your dog poop, it had been suggested to check info on paralyzed dogs. I found the website handicapped pets.com and there I found the answer! There were 3 methods,pretty easy, and success! If ever need be to anyone, ( the things you do for your dog!) one way(I did this) is to hold an ice cube against him, it worked immediately. I put a piece of newspaper under his bottom, had paper towels ready. As he went I just slid him back from it put down more paper, crumpled it all up afterward,done! No mess! He was laying on his side, and held his tail up out of way. The other methods were to squirt cool water on him or insert a q-tip dipped in Vaseline slightly in. I did the ice because I didn't have a squirt bottle and didn't want to get too invasive. For anyone who might ask why I needed to do this, clipper has not been able to squat and poop lately, and would just hold it till he couldn't. Oh, also I used a piece of ice with water ran over it, wouldn't wanted it to stick!

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Thanks, Good to know, but hope I don't need to use this information anytime soon. :D glad you were able to help Clipper.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This time the shot didn't kick in as well. I really think he needed it at 3 weeks instead of 4. I'm going to call and ask to grt next one at 3 weeks. I think also that he lays on his left side so much it has began to affect that leg being laid on so much. The lump is larger and uncomfortable for him lay on that side, so he doesn't. The bottoms up leash didn't come, I hoped it would come today, but it didn't. I hope I can get him up walking around more with that. I can tell he feels much better after I help him to poop, and he eats his food no problem. He is on pain meds, but for now they seem to be controlling any pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts