German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to share this i´m so happy =]
I posted some time ago how maya was going ballistic on walks.. It was really deiscouraging me and walking time was... well... a horrible chore.. since my neighborhood is FULL of small dogs loose everywhere she went crazy every few minutes n i was scared she would get loose some day or a little dog get too close and it getting hurt... but....lately iv decided that enough of that.. so I´v been working on it on smaller walks throught the day ( longer walks would make my sholder and hand hurt) I bought a collar that stays upper up on her neck, i am now only leaving the house when i see she is completely relaxed and i leave with some treats. when she is walking nicely she gets rewarded constantly and i got the hang of making her sit and down when she starts barking at dogs that are not too close to us. if she tries to charge at a dog i quikly pull her the other direction and later on make her sit where she can still see the dog. she whines wanting to go to him but keeps her sitting position and after a while stops. and today we had a nice walk where she saw dogs from a distance and acted as if they were not there. She did bark once at a small child that was starring at her and going on about the big dog, but i corrected her and she kept on walking.
I´m so proud :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts