German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever go to the supermarket and see how everyone buys up the bread and milk before a snowfall.
People go bonkers. LOL

Thought I'd share a very funny, but true little video.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I saw this, looks like the people around here LOL

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
He must be from Baltimore. We had a prediction for lots of snow from that storm that rolled through on Tues./Wed. Schools were closed Wednesday. It didn't do anything. Rain. Some snow in the grass. Streets were clear. I had milk and bread. Good thing. I stopped in the store to pick up some snacks for my kids lunches. Gone! No snacks. Heaven forbid people would be snowed in with NO snacks. Goodness.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's actually from Manalapan, NJ. He does a few stand up routines, here in Staten Island.
Some of his stuff hits home (obviously the bread and milk routine).

Funny guy, worth a laugh.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Many years ago my family was in Atlanta for my Uncle's funeral. They were predicting a QUARTER INCH of ice the day of the burial - which was two days off. Being that we were notherners - Chicago, Milwaukee, Eau Claire - we thought nothing of it.

That night my siblings sent me (being the youngest) out to buy supplies. I ended up in line with a grocery cart full of all the different Etos - Cheetos, Doritos, etc. - along with several bottles of wine and a couple cases of beer (there were 8 of us). Other people in line had several gallons of milk, dozens of loaves of bread, etc.

When I got to the cashier she looked at my items and then at me, quizzically. I said "You have to stock up on the essentials, right?".

:)

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
He must be from Baltimore. We had a prediction for lots of snow from that storm that rolled through on Tues./Wed. Schools were closed Wednesday. It didn't do anything. Rain. Some snow in the grass. Streets were clear. I had milk and bread. Good thing. I stopped in the store to pick up some snacks for my kids lunches. Gone! No snacks. Heaven forbid people would be snowed in with NO snacks. Goodness.
The irony of this is that you stopped in to buy the exact same thing...lol. Heaven forbid your kids not have snacks! ;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
LMAO, I laughed so hard over this. I always make fun of people during snow storms just because of this fact. Sometimes I'll even go to the store just to take pics of the bare shelves.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
That night my siblings sent me (being the youngest) out to buy supplies. I ended up in line with a grocery cart full of all the different Etos - Cheetos, Doritos, etc. - along with several bottles of wine and a couple cases of beer (there were 8 of us). Other people in line had several gallons of milk, dozens of loaves of bread, etc.

:)
Sounds like hurricane supplies!!!! Bread and milk? Why waste the room?

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
The irony of this is that you stopped in to buy the exact same thing...lol. Heaven forbid your kids not have snacks! ;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
OH - but my kids did have snacks. I put some in their lunches every day. I was running low, but not out. Let's get this straight. I NEVER run out of snacks at my house. LOL!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't even understand the milk or anything that has to be kept cold.

I have can goods, freeze dried dog food, water jubs(bottles take up too much space), and dehydrated fruits and veggies. I also have a large marine battery that doubles for emergencies and fishing. Considering getting a generator and a second marine battery for added comfort but we don't have that many disastrous here to warrant the cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts