German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this for a woman in my agility group who is handling a rescue on her own. She has a GSD in her boarding kennel that needs to get to a foster in Sheboygan, WI as soon as possible, preferably this week. This is what she said about him:

<span style="color: #3333FF">He is an intact male Germ Shep 3 yo. He is going to a foster in Sheboygan untill the courts decide his fate
He should be staying perm at his foster if all works out
His owner has been deemed incompetent and is a ward of the state. We can't neuter him untill the court date April 14.
He gets along with all dogs even with the intact males he is way under weight from eating sugar and marshmallows and no dog food.

He is not with any rescue group I am helping the family place him
The court date for his diposition is April 14 the owners family does not want him they live in Texas. He is still gaining strength since living on marshmellows and sugar with a little garbage mixed in. He is a ward of the state of Illinois until the court date.
I am in contact with the daughter and she wants him to have a good home. The owner has been declared incompetent. </span>

If anyone can help, please post here or pm me and I will put you in touch with her. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think Saturday would be too late at all. Any day is fine. I believe that she has her kennel booked for spring break, so space is the reason she wants to get him to the foster. I'll get a run sheet together today to make it easier to see if there's any interest.

The kennel is actually in Green Oaks, but since it's so small and most people haven't heard of it, I used Waukegan as a reference.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mapquested it and it's only 110 miles from Green Oaks to Sheboygan. It can be done in two legs:

Green Oaks, IL to Milwaukee, WI - 55 miles

Milwaukee, WI to Sheboygan, WI - 55 miles

Or, it can be broken down into 3 or more shorter legs anywhere along I-94 and I-43.

The reason the owner cannot keep the dog and has been declared incompetent is because he has dementia.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
I wish I know what our schedule was here. DH and I are making a few trips back and forth to Milwaukee and I go right past Sheboygan. I don't think we will be going down again until next week or next weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts