German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Sabo is really cramping my style regarding his water dish. The kid thinks its a friggin play pond! He also drinks and drinks and drinks- which, despite now HOURLY potty trips, results in constant peeing by the back door. I know he's not doing anything on purpose, so my solution? Putting the water up. It's gone. He can have it every two hours for 10-15 min and on the alternating hours go outside to potty. Is this bad? Wrong? Other ideas?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine tries to swim in it and when she can't get in it, flips it and does water Angels on the floor. This is in my kitchen. I have to remove it and give her limited water for that reason, however I put fresh water outside in case she goes out for a bit and gets thirsty. I have it on my back porch so if she does get thirsty and I have picked up the kitchen water bowl, she will sit by door to go out to patio and drink. And spill. Lol but at least it is controlled chaos.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Diesel insists on putting his paws in the dish, and if for some reason he is mad he will flip it over. I have resulted to only putting a small amount in it at a time and he has a cooler filled outside and his pool. Nothing is worse than having him put both paws in then come hop in bed :mad:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fiona loves to dig her water. I ended up buying an elevated feeder to put her water in. She has a kiddie pool on the balcony to dig in. She will dig in any bowl on the ground she can find.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fiona loves to dig her water. I ended up buying an elevated feeder to put her water in. She has a kiddie pool on the balcony to dig in. She will dig in any bowl on the ground she can find.

That sounds like a great idea! Off to the store tomorrow! Metro was such a chill dog, it's hard knowing what's right/wrong with a puppy and I want sabo to be as great a people dog as metro was!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Strider used to do that, but he doesn't anymore. However, he will bring me the bowl if it's empty. "Hey mom, I need more water!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts