German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had pictures or a video with this story but I didn't have a free hand, you will understand once you reed it.

When I first got Ammo I was so excited about having a dog that I was certain would live the water. Well about a month or so after I got him I gave him a bath. OMGosh, I was so surprised by his obvious animosity toward being wet. It was at that point that I concluded he was in fact not fond of water.

Fast forward to today. My husband and I decided to take the kids fishing. So off to the lake we go with a 9 yr old, 7 yr old, 16 month old, and of course Ammo in tow. While my husband helped the older 2 fish I decided to take my baby girl and Ammo over to wade in the water.

So off I head leading a 75lb puppy with one hand and a wobbly 16 month old with the other. As we approach the water my little girl steps slowly into the cool water and starts laughing and playing. I hadn't given much thought to Ammo, given his underwhelming response to his bath. Well all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see this blur of sable fur go charging into the water, leaving both me and my little girl drenched in his wake.

I just stood there is shock as I watched him jump and play, daughter squealing with delight the whole time. Pretty soon Ammo and her started a game where Ammo would paw at the water and then she would stomp. It was so much fun, right up until Ammo laid down in the water fully soaking himself. It was at that point that my husband threatened to leave me and the stinky wet dog at the lake. :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
161 Posts
My dog is the same way. HATES bath time. but he will go in the ocean, the lake, the pool and stand in the sprinklers. But does not like having a bath! lol Sounds like your pup is the same :D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Same here. Both hate baths but both love the water. I bet Ammo would love a kiddie pool.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
My dogs all love the water, too, but only tolerate baths. XD

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Too funny!!! Sounds like maybe Ammo decided a little baby was not going to enjoy the water without him.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
My dog HATES baths with a passion and is the worst dog I've ever had the misfortune to bathe. We're working on it though.

The dog in this video is that same dog. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts