German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Jazmine Auf Der Marquis, Reacher Auf Der Marquis
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read before that dogs cannot see a TV well. I call bs I've noticed Jaz watching. She loves watching birds especially if they are hopping around on the ground.

Last night about 10:30 I was watching reruns of Bones, commercial came on and I was busy with my phone.

Out of nowhere Jaz starts with that adrenaline pumping there is an immediate threat present bark. I look up and she is staring and barking at the TV. Must have been a commercial for nature show. A snake had just caught a bird, she must have been watching it hop around when the snake struck.

Took a bit for the girl to calm down.

·
Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
20,379 Posts
Cava totally watches TV. She'll watch video clips on the computer too, even without any sound. She especially likes anything with dogs in it. I can click on a small video someone posted on FB and she'll notice and watch intently until it's over. I have lots of pictures of her laying on the couch watching TV like a human, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Carter Smith

·
Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
20,379 Posts
I have a photo of her watching the Malinois on the Walking Dead, but I'm not sure where it is. Here's one of Cava watching flyball on TV. She knew EXACTLY what this was!

Dog Property Furniture Television Interior design

• Love
Reactions: old.grumpy.dave

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
My favorite story of a dog watching tv is, every year I usually volunteer and help out with an organization that works with retired military dogs. One year I had to take a dog to the vet. While we were in the lobby, they had an old John Wayne movie on. The dog was so interested in the tv, he crawled completely in my lap without taking his eyes off the tv. So now I’m sitting there with proven accomplished military dog that I just met that morning in my lap. I’m not going to say I had to change my underpants, but it was an experience haha. I ended up falling in love with that dog and if I had open space I totally would’ve brought him home to live out his days with me.

Xamira (my mal) watches tv every morning lol.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Wood Television

Dog Eye Leg Picture frame Comfort

·
Registered
146 Posts
my guys have always loved the TV, Atlas watches lost in space with me and recently didnt like Rogers Waters Live in the flesh concert! We have this as I like it and find it relaxing, at the end of "breathe in the air" when the drummer does a stand up solo on his drums, Im guessing because all Atlas can see is fists waving at the screen he goes abosultely nuts at the TV and want to attack it!
But he is starting to ignore it now and he loves the music it sends him to sleep.

Our previous boy IO was a singer and loved MASH, everytime the intro song would come on - he would run to the lounge, stand in the middle so he was centre of attention and sing along to MASH! It used to freak our friends out as all you would have to do sometimes is hum the tune and he would start - oh how I miss his antics!

But yes I call BS to those who say they cant see the tv, they do and they love it!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
We don't have channels on our TV, but when we were at the cabins a few years back there was a K9 competition show on A&E. Agis LOVED it.

Not dogs, but Cordelia (one of our cats) regularly whacks stuff on the TV - a bird? Yup! Cross-country skiers (big fan of nordic skiing)? Bam bam bam! A puck if hockey is on? Oh yeah.

·
Registered
German Shepherds (Czech Working & Western Showline) and Belgian Malinois
3 Posts
I'm in agreement. All of mine have been fixated on the television at one time or another. One male gets pretty involved if dogs are involved. When the animals walk out of view, he'll attempt to look behind the television to see where they went. 😄

1 - 20 of 21 Posts