German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Minna for a short walk this morning and let her off-leash before we got back to my street (typically I at least wait until we're on the street). She runs over near the pond to sniff around where the taller grass was. I was in the process of calling her to me when I heard SPLASH! and then I hear scrambling to get out of the water. :eek:
I walked briskly over to where the splash came from and I see this soaking wet dog trying so hard to pull herself out of the water :laugh:.

She apparently had not paid ANY attention to where she was running and she fell right into one of those drain access entrances -- the thing that creates a connection between multiple ponds.

I seriously cracked up laughing at the poor, pitiful, soaking wet puppy trying so hard to pull herself out. Poor Minna though! :(
She was not too thrilled about having fallen in the water. And I'm glad she didn't get hurt, but it also wasn't really deep enough for her to hurt herself, unless she had of gotten scraped on the concrete or something -- which I checked for and didn't see anything.

Moral of the story: Pay attention when you're running

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Awe poor baby! I'd be worried about alligators! Glad she's ok, and I would have cracked up too!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
lol, Cody walks into trees and street signs occasionally when distracted by another k-9. Minna is not alone ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank goodness she isn't the only one that doesn't pay attention when walking or running.

It's definitely a change from Sobacca. He's aware of everything: puddles, wet grass, poop in the grass, etc etc.
Minna on the other hand, doesn't see ANY of that -- she just walks right into/through everything. I did mention to someone that she is like me in the fact that she'll cut corners and run into walls and doors -- I've been known to do the same thing, or trip walking up the stairs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts