German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night in incidence class we were working on recalls on a long line. Its a small class, only 5 people, and we lined up along the wall and took turns going to the center of the room, putting our dogs in a sit/stay, walking away and then calling them to us. Jade was just relaxing, laying on the ground waiting for our turn. There is a gentleman in our class that has a very small little black and white dog (it seriously isn't much bigger than a squirrel) and Jade has never really paid it any attention. Well it was their to do their recall and jade saw that little dog run across the room and she jumped up, charging at it. Luckily I had a good hold on her so I told her stop, leave it, and watch me and to my absolute amazement she listened! She whined and just looked at me like "momma why won't you let me chase it!" but she listened! Then the guy apparently thought it would be a good idea to come and sit right next to us on the wall. Jade and I scooted down and I did my best to turn her away from the other dog. The rest of the class period was a little tense. Even when the dog was just sitting there Jade kept wanting to go over to it. But I was so proud every time I told her to leave it and watch me she did! Major improvement! Not exactly how I wanted to practice those two commands but it worked :crazy:

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Congratulations to you and Jade! You both got real life practice in a class. I bet the little dog's owner thought, "what a nice well behaved gsd".

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Good job! Even if it is in not the greatest of circumstances, that makes it more impressive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts