German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently rescued a young Male German Shepherd. Black and Tan. He was at the Shelter... they were calling him Kobie... not sure if this was a name given from his owner or one they made up. He's VERY active, mouths and jumps up a lot. Could've been an owner surrender. I'm not sure how he got to the shelter or why he was left, but would LOVE to find his previous owner to learn more about him. He looks to be quite young between 10 months to just over a year old. He's in good shape, beautiful teeth, no tartar... Heartworm test was negative... not emaciated, very friendly, not shy or fearful, quite outgoing, gets along with other dogs, coat is in great shape. So he was well taken care of. If you lost a Shepherd, or turned one in... or maybe you think you bred him, or know someone who had him. I'd love to know more about him! Would be willing to discuss a "reward" for any verifiable information on him like puppy pics, parents, papers... etc. Note: He was neutered on April 12th - 2 days after we got him out of the pound (pound has already received proof of this from my vet), so papers are not for breeding purposes, just for information on his background. Thanks! I can email pics to anyone who might know a male GSD in Georgia. (Was adopted from Clayton Co Animal Shelter)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am glad you were there to rescue him. He sounds like a doll!
Please post pics so we can see him, we adore pictures!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was the one who sent you an email on CL about this forum.. hope it finds you some answers on your beautiful new friend!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Originally Posted By: wsumner26Kobie had a thread and pics on Urgent forum. He was listed as reclaimed?

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=647394&page=0&fpart=1

Things get mixed up. Ive seen dogs that were said to be gone that werent, when I adopted Mace, I had paid everything and he was legally mine, but I had to wait for him to get neutered before I could take him home...which was 3wks after I adopted..he continued to show up as "adoptable" until they took him down, they never changed it.

Friend of mine on here saw her foster dog on here in a thread that was needing help...only he was right beside her and safe and sound!

So...yay, things get mixed up, lol. Its happens

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Good luck finding the background on Kobie. I adopted a neglect, abandoned girl and still can't get any info on her. I know she is akc registered, but with out the persons name who registered her and her registered name, AKC will not release any information. More security than a human adoption!!
I do luckily have her birthday and call name that was registered thru the microchip that was implanted at the vet originional owner went to when she was a pup. Dead end after her six mos. spay which "owner" never paid...I am her third home in less than three years, not including breeder, and rescue, she is now forever with me!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, it was a NIGHTMARE. I saw him on April 9th, as well as the two other Shepherds. I inquired about them and they told me that the H.S. was picking them up later that week so they were unavailable. I stopped by the H.S. to see how to adopt him through them (they are right around the corner from the shelter) and they had no idea what I was talking about, said they weren't getting any Shepherds from the Shelter! That worried me so I emailed the director of the Shelter and the H.S. I heard back from both. The H.S. Director told me that they weren't getting them, that the two that came in together the owners were coming back for them, Kobie was available and so was another "Mystery" Shepherd that they've had over 4 months. The director of the shelter was UPSET by the mis-communication and told me to go up there and get Kobie NOW. I had to send my parents as I work out by 6 flags and they are the ones who live in Clayton Co. My dad got there and they told him that Kobie and the other two were being reclaimed by their owners! I called the number the director gave me and he was HACKED! Called the shelter and called me back told me who I needed to speak with and to go BACK up there and pick him up! So 3rd time was a charm, we were able to adopt him! The other two shepherds were reclaimed by their owners. I almost had a rescue for the "mystery" Shepherd, but it turned out he was a WORKING dog only, not a family dog and was not the friendliest. So I picked up a Black Shepherd mix (his name escapes me) and a Lab mix, Cannela. Took them with us Saturday to be Vetted and boarded awaiting transport up north. (A wonderful lady, Erin, footed the bill for them. It was so sweet!) Kobie is now Ike, he's neutered, vetted and has to be the best dog I've EVER owned!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have her registered name, you can reprint her pedigree... that would have an owners name on it. If you'd like my help I'll see what I can do!
(Now when I microchipped my dogs it's under their CALL names, not their registered name... you have to have the registered name to get AKC info... they are STRICT! lol)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amen! It was a nightmare.
I know of a German Shepherd named Sammy at Douglas County Animal Control and a Dane named Sampson who are no longer available. (Sammy was adopted! YEA! and Sampson's owner found him! WHOO HOO!) But according to their website they are still looking for homes! ;-)
I don't know why they marked Kobie as a reclaim, I think they just take them off the system any way they can. It was a nightmare making sure Kobie would be safe!
He's now in training to be able to compete in Rally and Obedience, he is registered through AKC's ILP program! So hopefully come this fall when the dog show comes back to Atlanta, both Ike and my 10 month old Dane Hemi will be competing!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
OMG he's sooooooooooooooooo handsome!!!! Who on earth would like a beauty like that go? People simply amaze me, they think that pet's are like their toys......throwaways when they don't want them anymore....makes me sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Oh he looks sooooooooooooo happy!! And beautiful and handsome and all that good stuff to!

Glad you pushed to find something out about them! Now he's got himself a good home.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Isn't he a complete cutie?? I don't know why in the world someone would let him go! He's gorgeous, smart, willing to learn and a young guy... he's got SO much potential that person just hadn't tapped into. That's why I was really hoping that someone just lost him.

He was well taken care of, whoever had him. Maybe they fell on hard times? I dunno. But it's surely MY GAIN! lol ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aww thanks! I think he's a keeper!
I like working on that site, it's a lot of fun, plus it saves me from overloading my friend's email boxes with pics! lol I have no kids except these boys!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL thank you! Yeah, he was SO friendly at the shelter I just had to make sure he was safe!! Heaven knows I didn't need another dog, but he sure made an impression right off the bat! He's a doll... housebroken, playful (keeps my yound Dane entertained!), sweet, loving, very obedient, doesn't chew on stuff he shouldn't, no marking, no excessive barking... he is like a perfect addition that feels like they "were always there". No problems getting him acclimated to our house... he's been a dream! I can only think that someone LOST him... because he sure has no bad habits that need to be broken!
But I'm thankful everyday that I went to the shelter that particular day and that Ike made that deep of an impression on me! I look forward to the many years to come!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts