German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was just taking a look at my dogs teeth today and found this bump inside of his lip. It doesnt seem to be causing him pain at the moment, but it could be too early to tell for sure.

What is this? From my searches through this forum, it looks like it could be dog warts (canine papilloma virus)... Can anyone on here confirm this for me?

Does this warrant a vet visit? Or could I just boost his immune system with some probiotics & enzymes, etc?

THANKS!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Puppy warts. Not any need to see the vet if he only has one. Just boost the immune system and wait it out.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks like a papilloma to me...Regen got that, too. It lasted a full month! Boost with L-lysine and ester-C and wait it out, but be aware that it's highly contagious and you should avoid contact with dogs under 2 years of age (like in daycare or dog park setting).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input everyone.

he is about 19 months old at the moment. i will buy these supplements to boost his immune system. he is currently on joint and skin supplements, but i guess that wasnt enough for his wart :[

1 - 6 of 6 Posts