Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beware of giving pets up for rehomeing
. Recently a ok city lady needed to rehome her white g.s female and found a lady on craigslist advertising thatshe was a german shepherd rescue that had availability. Her name is vicki lanig. Of power haus knls- tulsa pet sitters and many other aliases.linda gave her "alma" on 12/28/11. On 1/15/11 she was found wandering with a gsmale in a snowy,cold, rural area of clarmore ok dirty,cold,starving by a kind couple who took them in. They noticed alma had a tattoo on her belly and put an ad on craigs list with pictures of the two dogs 1/21/11 and listed the white female had a tattoo id. In addition they called tattoo a pet the national tattoo registry. Tattoo a pet was able to find the owner "linda" and called her. She was horrified, as she had just spoken to vicki and vicki said the dog was right at her side and doing well. Tattoo a pet contacted vicki and confronted her with her lies documented and taped. Prepared now for evidence for a oklahoma state animal abuse
of abandonment against her. She never reported the dogs missing,never told linda, and did not even check craigslist to which she looks at daily,to find them..
She had abandoned them........as simple as that

warning to all others who rehome a pet. A visible tattoo/registered in your name will always give your pet "the voice to speak" and tell whom it belongs to as it did for"alma".
To all of you in oklahoma, who know of vicki lanig,please contact tattoo a pet at 1 800 828-8667 for any input at all to the above. If anyone gave her a male gs. they want to find you as well. That dog was unidentified and being held by the kind couple. "alma: Now is back home with linda forever..
A happy ending for a bad,bad,deed from someone who should not be allowed to even own a pet and warning to the german shephers community to which she is associated. Vicky lanig of claremore ok

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I had a hard time reading this. Advice for next time you post a warning thread, made it legible.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
The print is okay, it is just one big run on sentence with poor punctuation that makes it hard to follow. That si fine, the info got across. The only GSD Rescue I know of in Tulsa is Tulsa German Shepherd Rescue. This is a reputable rescue.

German Shepherd Rescue of Tulsa

·
Registered
32,012 Posts
Thank You, Julie, for taking the time to post this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Folks, yes, I ACCIDENTALLY had a dog get away but here is the other side of this story! We all need to think twice about who we register our dogs tattoo's with! I took in a white dog in as a rescue project. The lady who surrendered the dog to me said she had adopted this "white german shepherd" from the shelter and after a couple of weeks could not keep the dog so needed to give it to a rescue. SHE CONTACTED ME! I met her to pick up the dog and it was not a german shepherd at all but a Great Pyr. looking mix. This dog was extremely destructive at my home(in town) so I took it out to my acreage where my parents live and I have all my dogs there. This dog tore up my kennel gate and got out....this is a little common for dogs who don't know that this is their new home.....I knew the dog had a tattoo but no where on the dogs records could I find the tattoo number nor did I know it was registered with tattoo-a-pet! Well, I spent a week looking for this dog.....I drove and drove the country roads and hung up "Lost Dog" signs. Someone else found it several several miles from my property accompanies by another dog and called tattoo-a-pet. The tattoo-a-pet lady called me asking about adopting this dog and I told her it wasn't available at this time. I didn't feel like it needed to be public knowledge that the dog got away from me...I already felt horrible and didn't want to go into detail about it. Well, here is an email the Tattoo-a-Pet owner sent me! I have received SEVERAL harassing emails since saying she has turned me into local authorities and has called all the veterinarians in my area! This lady is UNBELIEVEABLE! I tried to explain to her the situation of the dog getting out and I had been looking for the dog and that I was also under alot of stress that has caused me some health problems due to my son leaving for Afganistan on Feb. 22nd after she revealed herself to be the owner of Tattoo-a-Pet and she showered me with profanity! This is the email I got! I told her that people like her makes a person think euthansia is better than actually trying to make a difference and do some rescue! Now she thinks I am going to euthanize my dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap! This lady is NUTS! I have NEVER been fired from a veterinarians office and the veterinarian she is talking about....I worked for them for a couple of years and then moved to Houston for 6 months. When we moved back they called ME asking me to come back to work for them and I did and worked for them again for over a year untill I resigned my position!

PLEASE think twice before you do business with Tattoo-a-Pet! This lady is elderly and has some obvious mental instability! How could you wish someone's son would die in Afganistan....My son serves his country and protects people like her! It breaks my heart to read...........................just makes me want to throw up!

I KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU VICKI
YOU WILL BE SORRY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE,AND AND LIES YOU HAVE TOLD.
IF ANY DOG IS EUTHANIZED, YOU IMAGINARY SON IN AFGHANISTAN, WILL FOLLOW &.NOT WITH A NEEDLE.. YOU ARE NOT FIT TO OWN A DOG OR CON PEOPLE INTO PROVIDING RESCUE.
YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED.
I KNOW YOU WERE FIRED ALSO FROM THE VET.
WHEN I GET THROUGH WITH YOU YOUR NAME WILL BE MUD AS IT SHOULD BE.

·
Registered
12 Posts
By the way Kayos....I am VERYgood friends with Karla from the Tulsa German Shepherd Rescue! We worked together at the vet clinic I was supposedly fired from and we, together, rescued our FIRST german shepherd from the Chouteau Dog Auction about 7 or 8 years ago! I have helped her place dogs that were suitable for law enforcement...even a Belgian Malinois from Lackland Air Force Base that was given too a Kickapoo tribal police officer. This dog was trained in all 12 odors of bomb detection...he is now working for a police department in Arkansas. I also "adopted" an imported German Showline female and donated $400 for that dog when the adoption fee is only $200. I took that dog and had her spayed at MY expense and gave her away to a good home in Houston. That was a tremendous financial help for The German Shepherd Rescue of Tulsa. I also donate food to them when I can! Last time I took a truck load of Diamond dog food and several cases of canned Nutro dog food!

Karla does a GREAT job and has kept up the good work through her battle with uterine cancer and her toddler grandaughter loosing her eye due to illness and having made many many trips to Saint Jude hospital for treatment and prosthetic (sp?) eye!

Thank you for listening to my side of this horrible story. I hope you will see that I have done nothing wrong except that I had a dog get out after it mutilated a kennel gate! I will be glad to take pictures of this gate...the bottom of the chainlink is completely GONE, as I have not fixed it yet!

·
Registered
349 Posts
removed by Admin
Vickie, just my opinion, but you do not have to prove yourself here.
The moment that woman started posting on these threads she lost all credibility. No professional would be acting in the manner she is.

Anyways, aside from that, anything you post will just encourage her to post back in retaliation. Do not dignify her with a response :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
EMarie,

Thank you......I just felt that i needed to tell my side of the story! I am stressed beyone belief with my son leaving for Afganistan soon and this CRAZY elderly lady starts all this! I just had to defend myself! I have actually been put in the hospital in the cardiac unit and am now on blood pressure medication and anti-anxiety medication because I have been very close to having a stroke from the stress! She has all kinds of bad reviews all over the internet as well. Even with the BBB in her town. She calls the animal control in the city I USED to live in and tells them who knows what and my dogs arent even in the city limits anyway....not even in the same county either!

I have a heart and all I wanted to do was help a german shepherd in need, I guess it is true that no good deed goes un-punished!

Vickie

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
thanks vicki for posting your side of the story.. :)

The tattoo registry you mention, well lets just say I read the database and the negative reviews and it's not a registry I would use or recommend..

No stress, or atleast try not to stress, I think those that will dig deeper if they wish, will see the truth:) I hope your son stays safe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, now Julie posts more crap/lies on PDB and I have been blocked so I can't send a rebuttle and on top of that the "moderator" locked the thread so I can't clear my name.....sigh..........

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
oh sheesh:((

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I guess I will be hanging around here more! The moderators are obviously reasonable and KNOWN!

Thanks for your kindness Jakoda!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Welcome Vicki. I love this forum.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
vicki no problem,,while I do scan and post very occassionally on pdb,,we are much less combative here than there:))))

·
Registered
208 Posts
Apparently from the owner of the dog Alma.

** link removed by Admin**

I'm not passing judgment or commenting in any way.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just a little confused here. The dog was given to the rescue, supposedly dumped by rescue, and now thanks to the tatoo is back home and doing wonderfully and is an amazing dog. So why was she given to rescue in the first place?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Honestly, this story stinks on ALL sides. And the poor dog is caught in the middle.

I do hope your son stays safe in Afghanistan though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.