German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the web last night to find a dosage for Benadryl for Athena and found one on Vet Pet.Look at the warning at the bottom of the side effects.I don't know if they are serious or trying to be funny.I was laughing hysterical......

Here is a list of a few of the over-the-counter medications that you can give your pet in an emergency. Please remember to contact your veterinarian before medicating your pet, and do not give these medications long-term unless your veterinarian recommends it. Also remember that just because some is good, more is not necessarily better, and that two similar medications used to treat the same problem in humans can have very different effects in an animal.

1. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl®) – Dogs and cats can be given 1-2 mg/lb every eight hours. This can be used to treat allergic reactions, and it also has some anti-anxiety and anti-vertigo effects. As a general rule, it is pretty safe stuff. The primary side effect is drowsiness, so please do not allow your pet to drink alcohol or operate heavy machinery while taking it.

So people please don't let your dog drive to the bar after you give them this medication.......

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
dam No booze for Brady

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Its better to watch the show, let them have the big rig and give a nice marrow bone for them to chew on while operating that machinery!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Originally Posted By: AllieGplease do not allow your pet to drink alcohol or operate heavy machinery while taking it.
How long until it wears off? Gracie takes 75 mg at bedtime and needs to operate the front end loader this morning. Is she safe?!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts